Where cna I find songs broken down into each track?

Unless you made the song, you'd have to get them from the artist or producer (which usually requires money and legal stuff).

You can find acappelas online of songs, but that's probably the closest you'll get.

How does someone like Dj Shadow get just the bass lines or something from a song? When I sample something it's annoying how if I want just the bass line I can't get it because the rest of the song is being played on top of it. Is there around that and just to get the certain parts of songs I want?

there are a number of multi track "session files" floating round on the net...not many modern ones though.

So far i've found

Christina Aguilera - Genie in a bottle
Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me
Marvin Gaye - Whats Going On
Marvin Gaye - Grapevine
Marvin Gaye - AintNomountain
Bob Marley - Is This Love
Bob Marley - Lively Up Yourself
Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Stevie Wonder - Superstition

I've got some more I can bothered typing, like nirvana, bare naked ladies, and some old beatle 4 tracks. They're around you just gotta search, here's an example of where I would start

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Bob+Marley+-+No+Woman+No+Cry+multitrack&meta=

google the artist , song name and the word multitrack

There's a good chance the one you want isn't around in multitrack form, so then as already mentioned, filtering is your best option. Or replaying the sample.

Last edited:
With an EQ or a filter plugin & some time & willing to experiment. The idea is to simply cut out the frequencies that you don't need - but the problem is that the instruments you want to retain often have some harmonic content in these frequencies as well. It's rarely a perfect process, so the first thing should be always to look for a spot in the song you're sampling that only has, say, the drums or the bass you want playing.

I am making a song in Reason from a couple of samples I have. For some reason after I made the first 2 Dr. Rex players all the samples in each Dr. Rex after the first 2 won't play at all. Is there a reason why I can only have 2 Dr. Rex tracks in my song?

Back