what's the diff between mixing with vinyl or CDs?

D

DJ Lucious

I know you can mix with both vinyls and CDs. However, I don't know what's better, why some choose vinyls and some choose CDs, and what is the difference.
Can anyone can fill me in?

sure...

Ok when you spin Vinyls which are Records you spin them on your turntables and use a mixer. You can scratch them and its just a really trad. style of DJing. If you use CD's all you are really doing is putting the cd's in your player and crossfading them into each other which is mainly for party,wedding DJ's. Not club and rave DJ's. When you use turntables to spin vinyls you learn to beat match and mix more so then you would with a CD changed. It all depends on what kind of DJ you want to be. e-mail me for more info. Bisquickam@aol.com

I kindly beg to differ...<p>

You can crossfade just as well with vinyl alone. You can learn to beatmatch with CD's as well. CD DJ's are really looked down upon. Both can be used for similar applications, but it mostly comes down to personal preferences IMHO. It IS quite possible to scratch using CD players. Frankly, I'm more of a vinyl man, but sometimes I mix both CD and vinyl together. One advantage to having CD players is that you can compose and burn your own music onto CD and mix it with other music on either CD or vinyl. This is a lot cheaper than buying a $7,000 vinyl cutter (and takes up less space). When it comes down to it, both CD and vinyl are used, but I feel that it's comparing apples and oranges. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses, their own "jobs" so to speak. I agree with Ryan that some are better for different applications. Putting all else aside, it's all a matter of personal preference.

I hope this doesnt turn into a flame thread. Each format has its advantages and disadvantages. Best to go with the one that suits ur needs and budget.

thanks for throwing the sand on that potential inferno, trick!!!!! I'm just about sick and tired of seeing this thread re-hashed over and over again!!!!

If u like vinyl, spin it.
if U like Cd, play it.
If u like both, then that'z good, too.
If u like to spin niether, what are u doing here????:confused:

MODERATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY coming soon to theatres!!!!!

...He'z sent back from the future, to moderate for the good of humankind...

Too Cool ! =)

sik_breakz said:
MODERATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY coming soon to theatres!!!!!

...He'z sent back from the future, to moderate for the good of humankind...

:D :D

Back