What's the best Logic Pro X Tutorials, and keyboard control surface question?

snerkler

Some years ago I dabbled with Logic Pro 9 and did learn enough to create a very basic track, however I've forgotten pretty much all of it plus now have Logic Pro X anyway. I did have the MacPro Video series before which I found useful as a step by step intro to Logic, learning the interface, shortcut keys etc etc, as well as how to connect external instruments, using the piano roll etc etc. I would like something similar for Logic Pro X and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a newbie user wanting to create electronic dance music, and has the Roland TB03, Roland TR09 and Korg Kontrol 49 keyboard controller to use with it? Are there any good free ones out there?

Being as I've mentioned the Korg Keyboard I was wondering if I now need it? I don't have a lot of space which is why the Roland boutique series is great, however I do prefer hands on controls rather then using the mouse to control sliders and knobs on the virtual instruments. However, I've seen that you can use your iPad as a control surface so am wondering if I can get away with a smaller keyboard. Creating dance music I guess I don't need a lot of keys so could get one of the mini keyboards that just has a couple of octaves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back