What piece of gear do you use the most? Anything you bought that remains untouched?

Yeah, turntable here as well. I don't have a lot of gear and I use everything that I have.

The NordElectro & the Echocord probably are probably the most-used. My newest acquisitions (a strange Vesta Fire Space Commander and a Yamaha TX81Z) are getting there as well :)

I use all my equipment but for some reason I haven't used my emu mophatt in the longest, once I got it I played with it for like a week and since I didn't have a soundcard with midi and a mixer I would have to rig it for it to work so I kinda jus put it to the side and forgot bout it

Now that my setup is more content I actually tryed it the other night for the first time in months

When am making music I ALWAYS use the mpc and the s5000sampler(with the pc).

And Im using the synths I have(such as triton extreme, roland xp30) not that much.

My cheapo Behringer preamp doesn't get used at all. Anybody want it??? I plug it in once and plugged it out permanently.

I use my Juno 106 the most. I don't use it all that often in songs, but it seems like I can get a song out of my head faster with it than anything else. Then once I have it on the Juno I re-write the same sound on a VST or another synth.

And my Korg EM-1 needs a dusting off. It's not good for too much more than a bass guitar sound.

Two things that are collecting dust a lot more than I thought they would -

* Aphex 320A (Compellor)

* SSL 4000 E/G buss compressor clone with MCI 416 output transformers. That was a shocker. I really thought I'd get some serious use out of that one.

Just about everything else either gets regular use or at least "needs" to be here (two tracks, etc.).

Everything get used about the same with me other than a couple of behringer headphone amps. Instead, I use a Behringer UB502 to drive a monitoring headphone.

Cubase is the centerpiece but everything else gets use one way or another.

No question here. I use Cubase SX3 and my Novation X-Station far more than anything else. It's just so easy to grab the laptop, plug in the X-Station, plug in some headphones, and get busy. I can do it from the couch, or wherever I happen to be. No need to go down to my "main" studio. And I take it all over the place to record and collab. Even when i am in my "main" studio though, Cubase is the main component. I don't use the X-Station in there, but I use do Cubase in there.

As far as what doesn't get used, I haven't used my Yamaha PSR-540 or my Roland MC-505 in years. They just sit and collect dust (actually they're both under plastic dust covers).

well, my mouse gets slammed on steady. my track-ball is like fiyah!

and, apparently, im looking forward to a brand new doorstop in the near future!! haha, yea, just picked one of those retarded cheap behringer mixers. i just couldnt resist it...

peace.

Back