What headphones do you use?

B

boogidy

What headphones do you use and what are they best for?

I'm not a DJ. I'm not even a "true" musician. However, I do use my Korg MS2000 and Pro Tools quite often. I've got some nice Yamaha monitors, too, but I think it is time to use some headphones for late night sessions and for all-around use with my computer. I actually spend more time designing web pages than making music...but it's close to 50/50.

Anyway, I have a hard time using headphones. I have sensitive hearing. I especially have problems wearing headphones if they are cheap. Most headphones I can only wear for about 15mins. I want some headphones I could wear for hours.

Now, I'm not out looking for a $200+ set of headphones, but I do want some quality and comfort. What would you suggest?

~boogidy

Last edited by a moderator:
for djing I use my sony mdrv700dj - good bass response

for producing I use some AKGs I think they were on the cheaper side - but they sound great

Sennheiser HD590. Very comfortable, sound great. Open-backed though so you wouldn't be able to use them for DJing (if that's what you want).

A word of warning - it's really, really easy to damage your hearing with headphones. Watch your levels all the time.

KasioRoks.

personally i like to use my canada 3000 headfones if ne of u kno wat that is

i use SONY DR-s5, i bought it for about 75$, and it's good for me , i'am using it in djin and in the studio, it really sound good like the new one.

Last edited:
For late night monitoring I use the AKG k220m.It works for me!!!:D

i use sennheiser hd 25sp headphones for studio work and djing. lovely flat response, comfy as hell and closed back too.
also use sony hdr d77 (eggshells). absoloutly fantastic but need to be treated gently. tend to use them with my minidisc on the bus :)

Back