What equipement should I get? (Want to become a producer)(New to Future Producers)

B

buddygoldd

So far I got this on my list I have a couple of other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to make beats get FL Studio
Pro Tools is cool but I like it for more tracking of vocals/instruments and mixing

tons of FL Studio Tutorials and easy to use and easy to integrate virtual instruments/soundfonts,loops,samples into the DAW

MIDI keyboard
Audio Interface
Studio Monitors
Headphones
some quality drumkits
some quality Virtual Instruments such as
1.Nexus
2.sylenth1
3.Kontakt(there's a free version)
4.Sampletank(there's a free version)

and if you're serious about wanting to produce I would get this now
amazing,amazing,amazing,amazing deal
IK Multimedia Total Studio 3 Bundle | Sweetwater.com
you won't need anything more than FL Studio once you have that package
If you only have $250 to spend I would get the bundle first then buy FL Studio ascap
but don't miss that deal
you won't be sorry my friend
remember don't mess that deal head to the pawn shop if you have to
I have all the virtual instruments I NEED but you're just starting off
you'll have some amazing tools to get you going
only thing you'll need is
time to practice
eyes to read and watch youtube vids.

so I would if you're on a tight budget get this in order
1.Total Studio 3
2.FL Studio/and some $10 headphones
3.Audio Interface
4.MIDI keyboard
5.Studio Monitors

this is if you already have a computer

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

My main thoughts are getting FL Studio, In my honest opinion. But it really depends on what you want out of it, and what kind of style your are doing.

EDM music, I'd suggest FL Studio. Recording say Rock or Hip-Hop I'd suggest Pro Tools. Pro Tools is great for Vocals and recording. FL Studio has a better drum kit and instruments.

I'd get a Midi Keyboard also, I have the Akai MPK 49, I love it.. I'd also get Monitors and I wouldnt go cheap on those either. Studio headphones, I have Sony MDR-V700 for studio, but any DJ headphones will work fine.

I only have Ableton Live, a Midi Keyboard, Headphones and am looking into buying KRKs ..... Thats enough for me .... Just dont go buying things you will not use, do lots of research first !!

You need to consider the type of machine you have as well, i.e. FL Studio = windows only. Pro Tools = mac only

Pro Tools = mac only

Windows can run PT... just not as stable as a Mac can.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

And you can use FL on a Mac through a wrapping program... sort of like how ReWire works.

Before you go spending your money try to make beats on various equipment. I started out with software then was introduced to the hardware. I prefer hardware over software because its more self explanatory.

I would say fataltone has that pretty much on point and that isa very good foundation to build on. Another poster said don't buy anything that you probably won't use in the beginning I have a few things that now stay in their boxes permanently ie nanoKey2 I bought for the portability thought I'd be using it all the time in reality when I leave the house it's not so I can produce on the way to my destination. If I'm going somewhere to make music they usually have their own set up and so in the box it stays. Might get it out now saying that lol.

First up I wana say thanks to the others who provided info here, I'm in the same boat as the OP and I've just checked out all the software and interfaces mentioned here. I've been a 'sound' fanatic since I was a little tacker so naturally I've surrounded myself in audio gear, I've only just decided to start producing some tunes.
My opinion is a general appreciation of quality sound/music is an essential first step; get some quality speakers and amplifiers / studio monitors, a good pair of headphones, a quality audio interface which can either be external or an internal computer sound card, and a decent computer rig.
Even if you decide to drop the idea of producing music you'll still have a sweet setup to listen to music the way it was designed to be heard.
My $.02

Back