WHAT DOES THA GEMINI KL-1 FREQUENCY ELIMINATOR DO??

D

dj4real

"Yea i all ready put this n tha skratch catagory but since iam a newbie, i'll just put it n here " "Aight i would like 2 know what tha gemini KL-1 frequency eliminator does, i think that it kills tha beat,lyrics ect ect ect...But i don't know so if any 1 knows, what it does? can u please help me out here? Or if u know sumthing that can do that please tell me what it is and where i can find it????

THANKS!!!

Welcome aboard dj4real!

Hi dj4real. I'm not familiar with that mixer, but it indeed sounds like it's either your cut/kill features. You probably have 3 of them of each channel, on for highs(treble),mids, and lows (bass). Generally, a cut switch does the same as turning your bass mid or treble all the way down. (it just does it faster then turning the knob)
A kill switch usually takes the drop even further. If you "kill" the mids, for example, you won't hear the sounds that are within that frequency, eg. a large part of the vocals, etc.
Does this answer your question? :D

You can find kills on mixers too. For example, the Gemini KL-10 Executioner/Pro. Basically, it lets you mute out the bass, vocals, or hihats, or a combination of these. The result is usually a much cleaner mix. It's essentially what Crispy Disco said:)

"Yea iam familiar wit tha gemini "Executionar" but what iam looking 4 is a thing that u can rack,not a mixer, u can look it up at music factory. They got a pic and a description about it, so maybe u should check it out, and tell me what u think about it.Just go 2 tha signal procesors, and put in gemini 4 tha brand.And i already got tha kill switches 4 tha bass,mid,and treble on my mixer. So thanx 4 helping me out, and i would really appreciate it if u can get a little more info on it, u know just 2 help out a newbie, and a future pro spinner? THANX!!!!

Back