what do you think about a Roland DJ-70 Sampling Keyboard

i want to know about it to, but u should have got the newer version of it, but anyone have any audio they made with it?

I like this one. I agree that the mkII would've been ideal...but many a tight beats have been made on 4 MB sampler/sequencers before. I am in the market for the mkII, but I may just get the old one. I have 512 MB in my MV-8000, but I ain't trying to do it all on the DJ like you may be...so here is what I suggest.

Upgrade to 4 MB if it isn't already.

Buy an external effects processor because all the DJ-70's do not have one. If you are tracking in software using VST's then don't worry about it.

Buy plenty of Akai S1000 and Roland S-50 FLOPPY's as you can come across as there is no way to connect SCSI to the DJ-70. The mkII can connect to SCSI...but floppy only on the one you got.

Find an audio editor for your samples because the DJ-70 has no visual waveform editing like the mkII does. This isn't neccessarily neccessary, but it is most helpful. Though you can still edit your samples on the DJ...you just need to use your ears without some sort of editor.

This is no worse or better than any other gear out there. Remember that. All gear is good. Don't regret this purchase...build around it.

Speaking of, what else do you have?

Back