What do you think about ghostproducing

cyberproducer

Hello at all

I have a question, a friend from me buy a Progressive Track on the website producerfactory.com. After his purchase he release the track on the online platforms under his own name. What are your opinion about this?

Thats some pussy shit and I have a feeling that your "friend" is actually you

Learn how to make beats by yourself pussy

The beat is what makes everything really, its only respectful to show credit. I'm sorry, but a vocal artist has the LEAST right to hog all the light..

Get on however you can. It's obviously not the most "morale" decision, but if it'll help with your success why not roll with it? You'd be surprised how much of the industry is one persons credit and another persons talent. Personally it's not something I'd do, and it could lead to some issues down the road. What happens when someone needs the next track, or if an artist wants to work in the studio w/ him and he has no clue what he's doing because his "work" was all purchased lmao. Dunno, 2 each their own.

Most don't understand the industry. Most want credit for their work......... Some would rather have cash for their work........Lol
Sell that beat and make that cash. Peace be with you..........Rob Mixx

I've been learning production by myself for almost 2 years. Without anyone to teach me its been really hard. Watching people get big by doing what you have just described has always pissed me off quite a bit.

Above all nothing beats the feeling of sitting back after nights of hard work and listening to a beat you made only to think "oh shit that sounds too dope to have come from me"

As lame as it sounds, it's been done a whole lot more in the industry than many of you think.
Some famous DJs has even admitted the use of ghost producers, but they're already famous, so it's like who cares anymore?

wiki Ferry Corsten, even he has a "co-producer" on his side, and this co-producer is NOT a DJ, and never been publicized to the public and you will only find his name through detailed bio of Ferry.
Who is to say, maybe this guy made all the track under Ferry's name?

Tiesto and many other names are under suspicion of using ghost producers..it's a lot of work to become famous so just don't assume buying banger track will skip you right into the scene though..still lot of work on selling your names out.

I wouldn't use such service, but I personally know local DJ who's done this.
It didn't really help him to get famous or anything since he started publishing his own work as 3rd track and forth and quality wasn't consistent at all.

-M

Pretty sketchy IMO. There are guys in my hometown who do that and everyone who actually knows how to produce is aware of their ****ery.

i think if you're an electronic dj trying to get on and don't know how to or want to learn producing it's an excellent career decision, because ALL the big djs have their own tracks pretty much. but if your passion is producing it's a bad choice IMO, just learn the craft.

Thread necro...lulz

Since it is up here, there is a similar thread going in the EDM section with quite a few articles and references. Seems to be a pretty common thing in that genre, not so sure in hip hop but would not surprise me to find out some of the bigger names have done it as well. At some point you have to flat run out of ideas or hit a huge block, so to get through it and stay relevant in current music I wouldn't doubt a few jump to buying tracks from ghost producers.

I think it is a shitty way to go myself, but if the one who produced the track is o with a single payout and no credits then that is on them not me.

There's no such thing a "ghost"(as in never credited)anything. If you're not on paperwork, you've been JERKED. If you are credited, whether Mike Will, Dre, or Diddy, or whoever are all in the vid and talking all over the record or not, your contributions to the song are documented. Alot of times people just don't care enough after hearing the "Mike Will Made It" tag at the beginning of the song to check into all the people involved in the song.

One of the reasons alot of producers/instrumentalists/writers/performers won't make it is that they think they're supposed to do everything themselves and simply lack the skills to do so. Everyone has a lane.

As for your friend, I'm sure he's breeched the contractual agreement he bought the track under and can be sued.

Last edited:
It's completely unacceptable that this goes on. Why some one would want to put their name on a track that isn't theirs is beyond me, even if they are making money from it. Why is this in the dj forum if it's a topic on producing?

Last edited:
Most don't understand the industry. Most want credit for their work......... Some would rather have cash for their work........Lol
Sell that beat and make that cash. Peace be with you..........Rob Mixx

The operative words here are "their work". This story is about someone selling another producer's exact work under his own name, without permission. He can be sued for this.

This is why i was so scared before i started producing....
- to put a track on youtube someone who commented say "damn thats hot"
Then cops it himself (free) n puts his tag on it n post it on his beat site...exclusive only 150
Or even sombody rap over it wit no pay (im takin everything u make off it)
-ie All gold everything...
dude didnt kno someone took it till he heard it on the radio
5:00-6:30

Then i stopped worrying b/c i realized it takes a min before u stop producing trash...

But back to the tread...
Thats a dirty game to play... now if ur just fooling the public by having other beatmakers produce with ur tag... thats fine as long as the money is right...
- I still wouldnt take the check...

what kind of question of that? lol
that's a violation!!! lol and it's not a friend who's doing that, it's you who did it lol which makes you super super lame

Back