What is the best way to export an fl track into pro-tools?

crazybeatz

Lets say I export all the wavs, and I have the vsti's loaded up in protools,....

What's next, should I save the fl session as a midi file then open that in pro tools?

I just bought pro tools today,so I'm still new to it

Thanks

You can either save the midi file and load the vst's in ProTools (but you still have to bounce to wav in PT or you will kill your cpu) or you can assign every track in FL to a different mixer channel and export individual mixer tracks as wav's and load in PT.

Last edited:
Morning_Star said:
You can either save the midi file and load the vst's in ProTools (but you still have to bounce to wav in PT or you will kill your cpu) or you can assign every track in FL to a different mixer channel and export individual mixer tracks as wav's and load in PT.

That is what I would do too,
just take each track one at a time during assignment.

Yes, do what Ahlyance said.. It is by far the easiest and smartest way to do it. simply assign your instruments / samples to a mixer channel and name them - followed by the export setting, where you click split mixer tracks as wav files.. and then you import all the files on seperate tracks in pro tools.. :)

all wrong.

open a new instrument track in pro-tools, and open FL as an insert in the instrument track. set the output bus of the instrument track to the input bus of a new audio track, arm and record. this will bounce whatever is playing in FL to the audio in pro tools. you can track it out of you want by soloing parts of FL.

that way, theres no importing or exporting involved. one step process.

Last edited:
ryandeepproductions said:
all wrong.

open a new instrument track in pro-tools, and open FL as an insert in the instrument track. set the output bus of the instrument track to the input bus of a new audio track, arm and record. this will bounce whatever is playing in FL to the audio in pro tools. you can track it out of you want by soloing parts of FL.

It's easier to split mixer tracks as .wav files than having to solo every instrument and record it live through ProTools. That's just an extra unnecessary step since you are achieving the same outcome.

ryandeepproductions said:
all wrong.

No... you are all wrong. He wants it to be TRACKED OUT not a stereo bounced file. So you would have to solo everything in FL and bounce each sound to it's own track to track out the way you suggest. Which takes way longer. FL does this automatic.

Plus, you shouldn't be so close minded and tell people that they are wrong when you don't even understand what your talking about. And since the stuff that we suggested works, how would it be wrong. It just a different way.

Not to mention that FL studio makes ProTools freak out in ReWire mode and when it is used as plug-in in a vst/rtas adapter especially when you have a lot of vst's in your FL session. Don't try to tell me anything about something that I've tried in every variation.

On the other hand it operates great with Cubase/Nuendo in both ReWire and plug-in form.

Split mixer tracks is the easiest way, but I consider midi importing with plug-ins a more pure way.

I use midi importing when tracking my Motif and split mixer tracks with FL to bring into ProTools. Sometimes I ReWire with Nuendo to track it out and then import into ProTools.

Back