what is the best thing to say when.....

sf41fever

an artist has your beat, didnt pay for it yet and you want to take it back and give it to someone else. he already recorded on it and he keeps saying hes he is going to use it. he is real hot headed and has a very bad temper so i dont want to upset him, i want to come up with a way to tell him i need them back to give to someone else. any advice,

this is under the table indi artist so no paperwork

sf41fever said:
an artist has your beat, didnt pay for it yet and you want to take it back and give it to someone else. he already recorded on it and he keeps saying hes he is going to use it. he is real hot headed and has a very bad temper so i dont want to upset him, i want to come up with a way to tell him i need them back to give to someone else. any advice,

Not really sure how one would approach a situation like this...all I can say is for future reference, get ANY transactions you carry out documented...even if it's just by e-mail confirmation. Make sure the artist knows under what conditions the beat is being given/leased/sold to him so that that way, you guys can avoid situations like this. ;) Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

Get hot headed right back on his ass and don't let him pump no fear in you. Dude will walk all over you if you let him. Unless he break bread asap he need to understand its your beat and you can do what the fluck you want with it.

hastyleboygenious said:
Get hot headed right back on his ass and don't let him pump no fear in you. Dude will walk all over you if you let him. Unless he break bread asap he need to understand its your beat and you can do what the fluck you want with it.

Also very true, cuz dudes will try to roll on you if they know they can get away with it....like I said, that's a very delicate situation you've gotten yourself into. >_< Best of luck on finding some resolution with it though....:cheers:

hastyleboygenious said:

rite on for advice, but its easier to say than to do that, dude is an og and is crazy. i know what your sayin though, to be more tough cuz its business but its easier to do that with other rappers.

lol, either tell him he doesn't have your permission to release that track, or chalk it up as a loss and charge it to the game.

Man dont let that nigga treat you like a little hoe or something.....Charge him to use it or aint shyt going down ....Ya Feel me?...

Broke Azz Rappers...Say they got skills rapping but wont invest a dime in they self....Thats a dam shame..

So you tell that beat bully that you got on you team....to...

Take Yo Azz A Nap Trick!!!.....B.K.

Mr.Bytch Killa said:
Broke Azz Rappers...Say they got skills rapping but wont invest a dime in they self....Thats a dam shame..

PREACH ON!! I see it all the time. Sh*t, we as producer invest money to get where we at.

see what you do is right... you let that nigga get sleepy right... then you.. then you walk up behind him right.... then you snap his neck na mean.... then... nvm... just lease the beat to him MEH

if the beat is copyrighted then tell him if he don't give u some money you're gonna take him to court, even if you really wouldn't take him to court, it'll prolly scare him......

exspecially if he's a real og, cuz u know he's got a record....lol

naw but really u gotta have some nuts in the game what's gonna happen to you when labels wanna push u around....?

dog, just let the person with the money use the beat, tell him the situation. DONT LET HIM WALK ON YOU, YOU WALK ON HIM. ive had cats record a whole song, think they gettin a cd and when i tell them to pay, they didnt have the money?!?! i sent em on there way, they got all puffy chested and walked out the door empty handed. having some protection in your studio is good to. i keep a lil house mouse right on my desk for all to see when they walk in, i take no chances.

sf41fever said:

you can tell him "YAHHH TRICK YAHHHH" :cheers:

Dude....

sf41fever said:

If you get intimidated THAT easily......

I suggest you QUIT THE GAME right now......SERIOUSLY.....

Go to school.....be an electrician or an architect or somethin'

This happened to dre too. Suge threatened him to give tupac that california love track. It was supposed to be dre's single for the chronic....

Don't worry too much. I had this shyt too in the past, and i was also scared that ppl would be pissed. You gotta remember that it's YOUR beat and you can do what ever you want with it if nothing official went down. Let em get mad. Always look out for number one.

Get the beat copyrighted and then go sell it to someone that is serious about their game and willing to pay you. Other dude cant do nothing if you sell it on. Dont let people walk all over you man.

I would beat his azz and not fuk wit him no more. If u scared of him get some of ur potnas together and jump his azz. That's why i love my hood. I'm down for my nigs and they down for me. If u gone be puzzy about it and try to be nice cause he gettin hot headed then u too weak for this game. sell country productions or look into orchestra where stuff is nice and safe. it's gutter out here. u gotta be down to get dirty wit some of these kats and set they mind straight. don't let katz come at u sideways. if u not that big then go get in the weightroom. dre aint lil. tim aint lil. aint nobody gone just take they beats. i ain't even that big but i get down for mine and i got a slew of nigs that gt down wit me. just keepin it gangsta cause that's how u gotta do it in Texas.

Imy786 said:
Get the beat copyrighted and then go sell it to someone that is serious about their game and willing to pay you. Other dude cant do nothing if you sell it on. Dont let people walk all over you man.
I think this is your best and safest bet....

Back