What is the best daw for hip-hop music?

The answer, is none. They can all do the same thing.
Fl studio
Reaper
Ableton
Studio one
Reason
Cubase
Protools
Lmms
Podium

And then there are audioboxes to reduce latency that come with random daws bundled.

My advice would be to find some guys local to you and use what they're using... Support network if you run into any problems.

Hey Pauldes,
I would definitely say all the DAW's listed by KonKossKang are similar but there are some differences between them that might push you more towards one or the other.
Pro tools is definitely industry standard, its extremely powerful and is great for producing and recording. The downside is that it is expensive when buying the full version. Fruity loops is another popular one and is good for producing but not so much recording. To me ableton feels like a smoother and more powerful fruity loops and has better audio recording features. Ableton was made for complete ease of use so when I'm putting down a track I can do it efficiently and easily. I personally use ableton to make all my music which is mostly trap and dubstep, so I may be a little biased. I have used reason, sonar and cubase also. Reason is ok but its "thing" is that its all modeled after actual hardware which I personally did not like as I did not grow up using any hardware. To me sonar is unusable. Cubase seems to me like halfway between pro tools and ableton as it has more of a recording feel to it but still has production capability. If you're a modern producer looking to synthesize hip hop beats I would pick ableton or fruity loops. If youre more old fashioned and are looking to record i'd choose pro tools or cubase.
If you have any more question's i'm happy to answer!
Cheers
Aaron (Clean Blood)

All daws can be used in a pattern based or linear fashion, but you can clearly tell which is which when you maneuver around them.
When you touch fl or ableton, you can just tell it's not a linear daw by design.
When you touch reason/ableton/cubase you feel like it's both.
When you touch eh...reaper or protools or something then it'd prolly feel way more like a linear daw.

Arranger blocks is just an unobtrusive pattern mode that actually flexes to midi but not inside of a pattern mode that plays a 1/16 note on the next bar but the whole bar plays unless you go to linear timeline which was a small little hurdle.

They all do the same thing but i personally use Fl Studio, its all about workflow, Its easy to learn and i can make beats faster, I'm currently making the transition to Studio One though thats a really nice DAW. I don't really like Logic Pro and Ableton is Ok to me.

Back