Very new to producing; wanting to create something like Aaron Carter's WhatDidYouWant

jackie11

Hi there

I am very new to producing; wanting to create something like Aaron Carter's WhatDidYouWantToSay.

Where should I start, I have cubase essentials, I guess I should learn how to use it first, or dive straight in and try to re-create this song? I would like to also figure out how to play it on the guitar or something like it.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Hey Jackie.

How much experience do you have with music? You don't have to learn how to play an instrument to become a great producer but the knowledge of chords/melody that comes from it can be a great tool when it comes to songwriting.

Cubase is a great software to produce with. In the beginning it's not so much about making music but more about learning how to move around your software. Trying to recreate the entire song you listed might prove to be difficult in the beginning stages but if that's what inspires you then I say go for it! Recreating songs is a great way to learn sound design and get an ear for the most common notes/harmony.

Back