Trouble with Audio Mixdown Reason Cubase Rewire

InfiniteDejaVu

Hello,

Apologies if this is the wrong category to place this, but I'm having a rather annoying problem when I create an audio mixdown of a song that is made with Reason 5 rewired to Cubase 5.

Basically most of the 'guts' of the song is coming from reason. i.e. all the instruments, beat, etc. The only data that is in Cubase is the automation, eq, and ONE synth.

My problem is that this synth in cubase is properly synced with the rest of the song just the way I want it when I play the track back, but when I export the track, everything in reason is synced ok, but it seems the synth in Cubase is about three seconds late in the final mix. This is really annoying for obvious reasons.

Having searched around, I couldn't really find a solution on the forums here... Also I have a fast enough computer so I know that's not the problem.

I tried to export the song in realtime in case it was a lag or something from cubase, but this did not solve the problem either.

Could this be a buffer issue? How do I sync the buffer speeds between the two programs?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brando

Troble with Audio Mixdown

Hello InfiniteDejaVu,

yesterday I became a member of fp, because I found your post. I have exactly the same problem with cubase 5 and reason 5. The mixdown always worked fine in older versions, but now it's totally out of sync. (Playback is fine).

So, i'd like to ask you, if you've ever found a solution for this problem. I tried a lot, changing buffer sizes, export in real time and so on....

Thank you very much and have a nice day,

"Ned Schneebly"

---------- Post added 02-01-2011 at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-31-2011 at 04:29 PM ----------

Hello Guys,

here is the solution to that Problem:

(I'm not allowed to post links yet, so help yourself)(Sorry "egelmett")

Just start your Mixdown from bar 2. (And set your left locator to bar 2). It works, I tried.
So, thanks to a guy called "egelmett" in the cubase net.

Hello InfiniteDejaVu,

yesterday I became a member of fp, because I found your post. I have exactly the same problem with cubase 5 and reason 5. The mixdown always worked fine in older versions, but now it's totally out of sync. (Playback is fine).

So, i'd like to ask you, if you've ever found a solution for this problem. I tried a lot, changing buffer sizes, export in real time and so on....

Thank you very much and have a nice day,

"Ned Schneebly"

---------- Post added 02-01-2011 at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-31-2011 at 04:29 PM ----------

Hello Guys,

here is the solution to that Problem:

(I'm not allowed to post links yet, so help yourself)(Sorry "egelmett")

Just start your Mixdown from bar 2. (And set your left locator to bar 2). It works, I tried.
So, thanks to a guy called "egelmett" in the cubase net.

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to say thanks for the information regarding moving the marker to bar 2. i had this problem with exporting tracks from reason to cubase and this technique worked a treat.

Thanks,

Ben

Back