Traumah Drums A Scam?

Hey what's up Fp fam.

Many of you all know me for my posts in the music industry and marketing section of the forum, but today I'm discussing traumah drums.

I know a lot of producers out there are looking to take their sound to the next level and in doing that I'm sure you've run across or heard of traumah drums. Now honestly I was SUPER skeptical of his drum kits. I've paid for a lot of drum sounds during my time as a producer (I've been doing music for nearly 10 years) and so Traumah's drums definitely raised eye brows of suspicion.

So much so that I had to do a complete 10 min video review and write up an in-depth article.

If you want to hear a REAL review of traumah's drums click the links:

Traumah Drums Video Review

Traumah Drums Review

nahh they just sound like shit, that's all

Lmao. Pretty much. Me & uh friend was talkin bout this the other day. The product doesn't matter, it was just fantastic marketing on Postman's part. Some people love Traumah Drums & others hate em with a passion. Do what you do..

Lmao. Pretty much. Me & uh friend was talkin bout this the other day. The product doesn't matter, it was just fantastic marketing on Postman's part. Some people love Traumah Drums & others hate em with a passion. Do what you do..

No doubt. I respect everyone's opinion. I found that Traumah Drums worked out for me with my style of music, but other people hate them. Its all a matter of preference. I also like Sounds in HD. it brings a different type of sound to the table when I'm making beats.

They're a little over compressed and processed for my liking. I understand that they're meant for producers that don't want to spend time panning and compressing their drums, so they're just not the right fit for me. I will say that they are pretty unique though.

pretty average... would rather lay out 29 euro for a NI kit pack. safe and always happy. (very happy that is)

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

ok... so I watched the youtube. the guy likes mastered drums, because he doesn't like the engineering and processing side. Well... sure, it's easy for lazy guys. But after it gets mastered his beats are squashed and sh!t. just a fool.

pretty average... would rather lay out 29 euro for a NI kit pack. safe and always happy. (very happy that is)

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

ok... so I watched the youtube. the guy likes mastered drums, because he doesn't like the engineering and processing side. Well... sure, it's easy for lazy guys. But after it gets mastered his beats are squashed and sh!t. just a fool.

it depends on what you're going for bro...I've gotten placements using traumah drums. I admit I'm more a creative guy. Don't care for the technical side to much. It all depends on what you're after. The artists and music supervisors who listen to my music with the drums don't have any complaints so to each his/her own.

I can totally see that too. They sound crisp and bright already. Guess I should allow myself that perspective also.

Anything already smashed to shit, is going to be complete crap on the master... Just saying..

Now having said that, i haven't heard this kit yet so im'a have a listen, then i'll give my opinion on this pack, from the sounds of it, it sounds like a Vengeance pack... Note: I'm a drum junky and am VERY picky when it comes to my drums.

And btw, just because someone likes to process their drums and get "technical" doesn't mean they aren't creative or that doing so is not creative, they just like being in control of their sound ;)

Last edited:
Anything already smashed to shit, is going to be complete crap on the master... Just saying..

i hear you man, shit is crunched up. i for the most part like clean samples that i can manipulate the hell out of myself. i mean, what can you do with drum samples that already sound like they were coming from a piece of shit car stereo system blasted all the way up?

They are unique, and fit well with certain music types. Ive tried a free set and couldnt seem to fit the sounds into my beats. Gotta admire traumahs marketing strategies

Your music is wack as shit bro. You are a serious hater. After reading your post I thought you were going to be hot, but realized you are another amatuer producer who can't make a decent beat to save his life.

It's funny because it's well documented that some of the biggest producers in the world DIE by traumah drums. I'm talking guys with 10-20 platinum plaques, Grammy's, Top TV producers, Top online beat sellers, ETC...

Why is it they love Traumah Drums, but the wack ass producers seem to "hate" it. If I was a producer on this site I def would not listen to these weak ass up and coming producers. I follow the guys who are actually dope and have credits.

Maybe Traumah Drums isn't for "future producers", but actually PROFESSIONAL PRODUCERS, who actually know what the hell they are doing lol.

And I challenge any of you to discredit me. I've been doing this 10 years and playing classical piano 15 years.

My credits speak for themselves. Official producer for:

Millionaire Matchmaker, The Real World, Khloe and Lamar, Pit Boss, Lock Up, Doctors Behind Bars, Bait Car, Party at the Hard Rock, and a bunch more.

Check my IMDB and ASCAP.

Rookies

The drums are dope in my opinion. Im a
fan of them. I believe if you have the creativity
you can make a great song out of anything!

Its all preference. Just like some people dont eat
meat some people dont particularly care for a
ton of vegetables.

In the end its a opinion and taste. I stand by the
sounds. They're pretty cool. Better than generic sounds
you find other people selling that have been recycled
and reused.

Personally, i have checked out some of the free kits and a "PB":set. my only problem ,like others have. said they do lack control. E.G
if they came with a layered version of the drum /snare etc and then the two separate samples 24bit they would be way more appealing.
some are dope and funky .west. beat i used some in. "RELAX" ON my SC. in sig.

Back