Thinking about buying an mpc1000

WestCoaster

I was wondering if I buy an mpc 1000 is there any point to keeping my fl studio software? If not I was thinking of selling to to get a couple dollars toward the mpc.

Mpcs are great but let me ask why you are buying one? Dead idk I think they are far from dead just not as popular as they once were not that its a bad thing or a good thing it just is what it is. And you probably won't make a dime from selling your copy of FL. Just not going to happen

There's nothing you can do on a MPC that you can't do in FL. If you want a MPC might as well just get a MPD and take advantage of a big computer screen.

There's nothing you can do on a MPC that you can't do in FL. If you want a MPC might as well just get a MPD and take advantage of a big computer screen.

what many don't get about using hardware is that its more often about workflow, comfort, ease of use and usually less about the computer screen and features. Idk maybe because I am a hardware enthisist who jumps back and forth often my views on the matter may be different.

what many don't get about using hardware is that its more often about workflow, comfort, ease of use and usually less about the computer screen and features. Idk maybe because I am a hardware enthisist who jumps back and forth often my views on the matter may be different.

That's how I feel about keyboards, but with sampling it just seems like more of a hassle to me. Either you sample/chop on the tiny MPC screen, or do it on the computer and transfer it to the MPC; but if your gonna do that you might as well just do it all in a DAW IMO. That's why I sold my MPC 1000. I prefer hardware/software hybrids like the Maschine or the Virus TI, and some of the Arturia synths. I would love to see more stuff like that.

That's how I feel about keyboards, but with sampling it just seems like more of a hassle to me. Either you sample/chop on the tiny MPC screen, or do it on the computer and transfer it to the MPC; but if your gonna do that you might as well just do it all in a DAW IMO. That's why I sold my MPC 1000. I prefer hardware/software hybrids like the Maschine or the Virus TI, and some of the Arturia synths. I would love to see more stuff like that.
mpc screens are more than adequate though. then again I come from them big ass ensoniq and s3000 screens which are big for hardware and i still chopped everything by ear so having a screen is so so for me. Honestly I prefer chopping by ear less hassle.

I'm not sure there is an authentic sound to hip hop that comes from machines. A lot of the time you can get a punchy sound more easily on a mpc but I think overall it really just depends on how you want to work. If you dislike working on a computer then by all means grab one. If you want to just do everything in the one box then again by all means. But you generally will lose a lot of functionality and end up buying a lot more than just that piece of hardware to get it to work the way you want it to.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

To me it really depends on the keyboard. I like a lot of keyboard samplers

I would say pick up an MPD32 and use that in conjunction with your FL Studio. Then you you could take that extra cash you would've spent on the MPC and get some good plug-ins and sounds. Just my opinion:).... Later

Back