Is there a site that lists what instruments were used in song?

D

Delatone

I've always been really curious to knowing what instruments artists used in their songs, and if there are any sites out there that show this. Just like you can go on dubcnn.com to find out who produced a song, can you go somewhere to find out what instruments were featured in it?

About the most they'll do is endorse companies - "So-and-so uses Marshall amps" and so on...sometimes specific models, but only in general.

If they told you what they used specifically, they'd be giving away how they came up with their sound. Why would they do that?

well basically any 'producer' with a little knowledge of musical instruments will be able to pick out sounds and instruments which is why i dont really see the point of this D

Last edited:
^^ yeah, pretty much anyone who cares to know is gonna be able to figure it out. or they'll just ask on a forum like this. once you've been in it long enough, you'll be able to pick these things out on your own, and recreate most instruments you hear fairly accurately.

Maybe you can help me out then daze84. A couple examples where I was looking to know what instruments were used is the main one incorporated into the Isley brothers/biggie's "between the sheets/big poppa" song. I always wanted to know which guitars were used in certain songs too, like big tymers "no love", ludacris's "growing pains", lil' kim's "drugs", and aaliyah "if your girl only knew." There are so many other instruments I've heard and wished I knew the answers to, but these were just a few quick examples. I know there are an infinite amount of effects you can use to manipulate sounds...but I wasn't sure if they listed the root instruments anywhere or if some musical whiz with an ear for instruments started a site that gave the sources of these. If someone were able to do that it would be pretty impressive.

Back