Synths

try sylenth1 if you're a beginner...it is and EXCELLENT and cheap synth that not only sounds great but is also cheap...and the interface is easy to learn on...i would highly recommend that...

There's also a great many completely free synths out there that don't necessarily sound any cheaper than their commercial siblings. You might wanna check KvR's ratings page for starters...

Sylenth 1 is good but I sold my copy a few days ago. If you need a lot of good presets its a great way to go. I also like Predator by Rob Papen. I actually prefer it over Sylenth though they are similar kinds of synths. U-He's Diva is great. One of my favorite synths. The Korg Legacy collection is an oldie but a goodie and you can get each of the synths for $50 each. Mini Mogue VA is a good freebie. I like Tal Elec7ro but it doesn't have any presets. There are dozens of synths out there and the bulk of them are good. Crystal by Green Oak is another freebie that I really liked and it had interesting presets. Not all musical but most of them were interesting.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just sell my Sylenth license as well - still no word on OSX 64bit version.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just sell my Sylenth license as well - still no word on OSX 64bit version.
From what i understand its not going to happen because Lennard would have to rewrite the entire vst in order to make it happen on Mac. Its 64 bit on Windows I am a Windows guy myself. I sold my copy due to lack of use. Its a great synth though.
i cannot explain just how much i love sylenth1....it is my go to synth every single time for leads, basses, pads and effects...
Its very good but there are so many other great synths out there too.
sylenth is a good synth, but without 64-bit support it's on the b-team for me (i use logic 64-bit). i use several of the ones listed below.

my top synth choices
tone 2 gladiator
spectasonics omnisphere
uhe zebra 2
NI massive
camel audio alchemy
NI Absynth
rob papen albino 3 *discontinued, but doesn't matter
cakewalk z3ta+ 2
in fairness it is 64 bit on windows.

^mmmm massive is another good one but def not a beginner synth for those new to synthesis...
sure it is its just as simple as everything else out there. i think its easier to grasp than sylenth 1

From what i understand its not going to happen because Lennard would have to rewrite the entire vst in order to make it happen on Mac. Its 64 bit on Windows I am a Windows guy myself. I sold my copy due to lack of use. Its a great synth though.

I guess the main problem is that he flat out refuses to communicate anything about "future developments" - yet some dude on KvR mentioned (last summer or so) that he'd gotten a reply that the 64bit Mac version is in the works. Can't say I know anything about plugin development, but considering how popular Sylenth1 is, it just seems a huge disservice for the paying customers at this point.

^mmmm massive is another good one but def not a beginner synth for those new to synthesis...

yea because massive is not coming easy to me i try to use it and find a nice preset .. or mess around and try to make a sound i like.. but not so easy for me havent been at this for too long.. i was looking for a simple synth to use for now till i learn more and become better

Its very good but there are so many other great synths out there too.

sure it is its just as simple as everything else out there. i think its easier to grasp than sylenth 1
very true, there are MANY great synths out there...i guess my approach that i'm taking is that i learn one synth like the back of my hands and for me, sylenth1's interface is very nicely laid out and easy to understand...and for massive the interface is kinda scary at first IMO...i guess it all depends on preference and knowledge...if i did not have subtractive synthesis knowledge, i would not know how to approach massive...i am getting comfortable with it however the more i play with it!

yea because massive is not coming easy to me i try to use it and find a nice preset .. or mess around and try to make a sound i like.. but not so easy for me havent been at this for too long.. i was looking for a simple synth to use for now till i learn more and become better

if you're having trouble with massive, i would recommend sylenth1...and if you want i can help u out with sylenth1 and tell u all about it as i understand how it works...i don't know everything but know enough to make good synths with it :) let me know bud...

if you're having trouble with massive, i would recommend sylenth1...and if you want i can help u out with sylenth1 and tell u all about it as i understand how it works...i don't know everything but know enough to make good synths with it :) let me know bud...[/QUOTE]

thanks if you can let me know i would appreciate the helppp..

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

if you're having trouble with massive, i would recommend sylenth1...and if you want i can help u out with sylenth1 and tell u all about it as i understand how it works...i don't know everything but know enough to make good synths with it :) let me know bud...

thanks if you can let me know i would appreciate the helppp..[/QUOTE]

very true, there are MANY great synths out there...i guess my approach that i'm taking is that i learn one synth like the back of my hands and for me, sylenth1's interface is very nicely laid out and easy to understand...and for massive the interface is kinda scary at first IMO...i guess it all depends on preference and knowledge...if i did not have subtractive synthesis knowledge, i would not know how to approach massive...i am getting comfortable with it however the more i play with it!

thanks if you can help me that would be great... i would appreciate it let me know plzz

I guess the main problem is that he flat out refuses to communicate anything about "future developments" - yet some dude on KvR mentioned (last summer or so) that he'd gotten a reply that the 64bit Mac version is in the works. Can't say I know anything about plugin development, but considering how popular Sylenth1 is, it just seems a huge disservice for the paying customers at this point.
I know what you mean. I don't think he is a very customer service kind of guy. I had a tech support issue that took me 3 months to get resolved because he kept not replying to my emails. I eventually had to leave a nasty post on KVR in his forum just to get a response to my emails. To me it just isn't worth the hassle of dealing with this guy and its a good synth but not a godly synth and that lead me to not want to use it to avoid future problems.

Back