"Stutter" effect on hi hats/kicks in FL

sbfk

So alot of Dipset producers use a sort of "stutter" effect on their beats like Da Zombeez and Ebonikz.

How would you go about getting that kind of drum pattern using FL Studio?

could anyone help? maybe a quick tutorial..

thanks

Get us atleast a lil sample of what you mean. I could help you then!

I have a feeling on what your talking about but really sure post up a song, do you mean like making the hi-hats sound like double speed?

i know how to make them double speed but theres a certain effect/delay on the hi hats/kicks

listen to this

its cha ching cha ching produced by y.h of da zombeez, he uses FL Studio

http://www.zshar.e.net/audio/15189769ef7cb575/

ive just always been curious how to get that sound

ust delete the "." to complete the link

Last edited:
Damn, do people just scream out the 1st answer they think of up here?

Multiple ways to get the sound.

1. Using the step sequencer(usually done for kicks/snares), Put 3 notes all back to back. Click on the Icon next to the little piano onside the top of the step sequencer. It will make the Bar graph looking editor pop up where you can adjust Velocity, pan, ect. Go to "Shift". Turn the 1st of the 3 notes you want to studder all the way up(100%). Turn the second halfway up(50%), leave the 3rd alone. One you get used to it, you can add your own twists to tracks(hence why you don't need swing).

2. Other way(used more on hats). Put 1 note in the beginning of the lane of step sequencer. Then go to "Piano Roll" The Note will strech from the beginning to the end of the bar. Next use "Quick Chop" adjust the timing until the chops are as fast as you want them. Feel free to delete a note or two to add character.

3. Make out the whole pattern of your drum. Manually go into "Piano Roll" and shift notes untill they studder like you want. I suggest 1 & 2 until you get it down packed.

Back