Stuck at a Crossroads

BoothyMusic

Hi everyone!

I feel like I am stuck at a crossroads and am unsure where to turn! Hopefully your advice will help me make a good decision!

I have been writing songs on the piano for a while now and spend the last few months learning how to use logic! I have invested in some decent plug ins like NI komplete unlimate and a few others! I am in a position now where I can get my ideas for the production of my songs into logic. I.e. I can gets the drums down, keys, strings and anything else I need! I do get a bit stuck sometimes, particularly when it comes to creating melody’s etc which leads me to my question. I essentially have 2 options right now!

1. I can start a course in music production, takes about 6 months to complete but should help fill the gaps in my head when it comes to the crestive process!

2. I could take what i have to a profrssional studio, polish it with a professional producer while learning, record the vocals with a singer (i can’t sing!) and have a finished product! Hopefully while learning as i go!?

What do you guys thinm would be the most beneficial for long term success!?

Thanks!

Boothy

Hi Boothy!

I’m sorry to answer your question with another question, but if there was some kind of web based platform where you could upload your track as-is and thereby expose it for a ton of upcoming producers like yourself, who could then send you and inquiry for the project files if they liked your track, would you use it? It’s a quite common problem for people to get stuck at some point with finishing their tracks, I was just wondering if a database for “unfinished songs” could ease collaborations and get people to learn more about producing and finishing their tracks faster, once they see how others would have done it.
This is just and idea, perhaps it already exists but I haven’t been able to find it.

You said you get stuck creating melodies, but is the difficulty thinking up the melodies, or getting them into Logic?

Back