Starter question(serious answers only)

T

truthhurts

First of all I would like to say hi to every single one of you.

Ok now I would like to start producing beats(hiphop,dnb,dancehall) but I dont know how to go about it.

My friends lent me soundforge,reason2.5 and recycle but I sure hell dont know how to use soundfore(making loop etc).
I kind of get the hang of using reason 2.5 but Icwould like to know if it is better if I go hardware route?

If I decide to go hardware what would I need??
Here is what I mightget, akai mpc 2000xl, decent studio monitor. Is this enough??? Can I make a whole tune out of just akai mpc + soundforge(wave editing) + studio monitor

So what Im asking here is if It is possible to make beats with just akai mpc + studio monitor +pc(soundforge)???

Pls Dont you ever ever mention cubase sx because that thing just phukin look complicated as a seqeuncer and buggy aswell.

Welcome to FP, truthhurts !! :cheers:

It should be possible to produce with only MPC+monitors+PC (if you have a decent soundcard for that PC). Of course the more gear you have the more possibilities, but strictly spoken it should be possible.

Welcome to the Gang....FP.

You can start with that, but you will find as you progress, that you either need, or want more...Its not a bad start though.

You can definitely get started making whole tracks with the equipment u mention, as long as you have enough sample CDs, vinyls, etc. Its all down to how creative u are... DJ Shadow only uses a MPC2000XL Roland VP9000 and Pro Tools :D

on the serious tip....you need to do you. cause if you go out and try to be like everyone else....it's gonna be hard...expensive....and a waste of time. dont go hardware because somebody tells you to. or software either. mess around with both of them. just make music. for real. you might hear that everyone copps an MPC, triton, cubase, whatever. yeah it's proven them joints make hot music....but mainly it depended on whoever uses it. so go head and just fool around with the joints you got. you get some time.....go mess with some hardware....see what feels good to you. reason + soundforge is a good start. just get some good vinyl, cds, whatever.....and you're on your way. i mainly use reason 2.5 and soundforge 6....with some other things......and i got some bangers. but i also got an MPC....and i can bang beats out with that too. but do you....see what's up. then make ya decision....peace

Wasup,

Thanks for some very good tip guys:cheers:

well I ive made a couple of tracks with reason but the thing is that the sound sucks and I dont have samples to boot. I find it hard on the net to look for drum kits so I can start bangin good drums on redrum. Do you guys buy sample cds?? Because the ones you download off net welll most if not all are **** quality. Heck I cant even find drums(single hits snare,kick etc) That I like. They just seem outdated like 95is but with crap quality. I know this is what soundforge is but Like I stated above I dont know jack about that prog.

So I guess starting reason 2.5 recycle2 + sf on p4 pc with audiophile2496 and decent monitor will do for now???

I just ordered a chop shop sample cd so well see. I just cant use half of the reason 2.5 sounds specially their drums....

I have also noticed that the volume in reason is low compare to when u play something on *****,media player etc. I played asample of melody on media player and sounds loud and crisp but then when I loaded it in rexplayer,redrum,nnxt well the volume just about cut in half?????what up with that

I might also get a akai mpc in the near future

You take the drumkits you get with Reason2.5, and tweak them with the little knobs you see on the screen. Make your own sounds, that is how a dated kick off a 1960's LP is made to sound cutting edge.

Back