SSL board

Sweetwater can get it for you, at a competitive price. Contact them, as I don't think they do such orders on certain SSL products online.

Dont buy an SSL for a home studio lets put it that way. U can get a car for as much as a SSL costs

They're around $25,000. A bargain for the horsepower.

Keep in mind you're talking only $1,000 per channel or so... About the same as 24 channels of decent preamps.

That being said - I'd rather have 24 different preamps.

MASSIVE Mastering said:
They're around $25,000. A bargain for the horsepower.

Keep in mind you're talking only $1,000 per channel or so... About the same as 24 channels of decent preamps.

That being said - I'd rather have 24 different preamps.

$25K, man get me one then.

They list here at £50K, that equates to about $85K.........you been hittin' the shroom again Massive?;)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov05/articles/sslaws900.htm

Last edited:
The one here at the studio cost I think.. $500,000 or close to a mil

Samplecraze said:
They list here at £50K, that equates to about $85K.........[/URL]
D'oh! I think I converted backward!

Samplecraze said:
$25K, man get me one then.

They list here at £50K, that equates to about $85K.........you been hittin' the shroom again Massive?;)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov05/articles/sslaws900.htm
go shrooms
shrooms.jpg

They're made custom to buyers needs they can range in price just like pro tools studios. But why the phuk would anyone want one who has to ask about price? Unless you already have at least $50,000-$80,000 worth of equipment, that SSL won't do **** for your mix. And expect to spend between $45,000 and $200,000 on a mixer? In 2006 everything's digital I can get the same sound from a $350 plug in. Put 5gs into jewelry, another $40,000 on a car that leaves me w/$100,000+ in the bank. You do the math.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
And expect to spend between $45,000 and $200,000 on a mixer? In 2006 everything's digital I can get the same sound from a $350 plug in.

Are you serious? Not that I'm a fan of this specific board, I'm just curious, as I'm not a fan of plug-ins either (though some are damned good, and I do use them). Basically, I'm just trying to see are you joking or really convinced in your statement. No offense.

In the end, you're right, one piece of gear, hardware or software, won't change your sound -- unless it's you replacing that one bad piece in an otherwise great chain.

hel said:
Are you serious? Not that I'm a fan of this specific board, I'm just curious, as I'm not a fan of plug-ins either (though some are damned good, and I do use them). Basically, I'm just trying to see are you joking or really convinced in your statement. No offense.

In the end, you're right, one piece of gear, hardware or software, won't change your sound -- unless it's you replacing that one bad piece in an otherwise great chain.
No, lol i'm just a major producer, now everyone's gonna attack me and say I'm bragging, just making a point. Nothing on the SSL can't be emulated by a plug in. Or acheived from use of a way cheaper mixer if you work with digital sound(even analog records are digitally remastered)but if you want to beleive the hype go for it. That's why people still pay these rediculous prices for mixers.

Last edited:
I hear SSLs can remove vocals (its a button) and come with a Krunk slider. It's worth the price! I mean they are compatibEl with Pro tooNz and KayneeY has 5 of them in his house... ma boi tol me!

:D couldn't resist! j/k

mano 1 said:
I hear SSLs can remove vocals (its a button) and come with a Krunk slider. It's worth the price! I mean they are compatibEl with Pro tooNz and KayneeY has 5 of them in his house... ma boi tol me!

lol. exactly, in 1990 I would've thought this is the most amazing thing ever!!! SSL technology is outdated, sorry folks. Waves even makes a $1500 plug version of the actual mixer that was created by the engineer of the original SSL. www.waves.com

No, lol i'm just a major producer, now everyone's gonna attack me and say I'm bragging, just making a point. Nothing on the SSL can't be emulated by a plug in. Or acheived from use of a way cheaper mixer if you work with digital sound(even analog records are digitally remastered)but if you want to beleive the hype go for it. That's why people still pay these rediculous prices for mixers.

I don't really get where you're going. I just wanted to know if you were being sarcastic, or if you were really convinced. That's all. I'm not really looking to purchase anything here, or really looking for an explanation or anything. I've used pretty much every "hyped" product on the market (SSL products included), and cheap unheard of gadgets even -- and I've formed my own opinions of them, so I'm not going to oppose yours nor follow them. You don't seem to be bragging to me, I'm confident in my setup, my work, where I've been and where I'm going also -- so it's a good thing to hear others serious about their careers and passions. :D

Waves makes great tools, but I wouldn't say they sound like the units they're emulating -- this isn't good nor bad, it's just my opinion. :cheers:

mano 1 said:

:monkey:

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize I got the wrong vibe from your post. All honesty, I've worked on a ton of boards. During the analog and early digital days, boards meant alot, but this day and age, your knowhow alone can get you the same quality out of an M-Box as you can get out of a SSL.

I apologize I got the wrong vibe from your post. All honesty, I've worked on a ton of boards. During the analog and early digital days, boards meant alot, but this day and age, your knowhow alone can get you the same quality out of an M-Box as you can get out of a SSL.
agreed co sign anything else that will give me 10 letters stupid preset

Back