Software..

willmaticc

Any good software for beginners?? im using logic pro 9.. but i am trying to switch to something i dont really like the presets... hiphop/ rnb based beats.... help... nothing negative please i am kind of new to this and trying to step my game up..

Your on logic. I've never had a mac, but many who do love it.
I would not switch to another daw based on sounds. That would be a bad idea. Find a vsti with sounds you do like, and run it in Logic.

Tell us the style of beats you are wanting to make, and we can give suggestions on the vsti(s) that would be the best fit.
I know you said hip hop/r&b, but do you mean current top40 type r&b (synth techno stuff), or traditional with more real instruments?

Last edited:
Any good software for beginners?? im using logic pro 9.. but i am trying to switch to something i dont really like the presets... hiphop/ rnb based beats.... help... nothing negative please i am kind of new to this and trying to step my game up..

Logic Pro 9 start there oh wait you got that
learn how make your own sounds or buy soundbanks/packs for the vsts you use
youtube start there to learn how to make your own sounds
Nexus and Sylenth1 have worked for me plenty of expansions/soundbanks and third-party presets

-Coach Antonio

Your on logic. I've never had a mac, but many who do love it.
I would not switch to another daw based on sounds. That would be a bad idea. Find a vsti with sounds you do like, and run it in Logic.

Tell us the style of beats you are wanting to make, and we can give suggestions on the vsti(s) that would be the best fit.
I know you said hip hop/r&b, but do you mean current top40 type r&b (synth techno stuff), or traditional with more real instruments?

traditional with more real instrument..

traditional with more real instrument..

I get where you're coming from, even with the boastful 7-8 DVDs of sounds logic comes with, you're left with Keyboardy sounds. As suggested already a good place to start is picking up real(as in actual gear) instruments. Also, don't be afraid to dig into other sample libraries because of what type of sounds you get with 7 DVDs of sounds in Logic. Something like Kontakt can be ran inside Logic and give you a ton of new sounds to explore.

Last edited:
Switching DAWs because you didn't like the presets sounds like switching cars because you didn't like the cup holders to me.

Back