Serious Business - What is the cost of putting a press kit together?

westlogic

Captain Player Hater #1
For the past day I been looking on FP using the search engine and on the net using the search engine and having trouble finding the cost of a press kit. I know what goes in the press kit, because that the only information that been popping up for me. It was said by someone talking to my artist a press kit cost ~$1500, but I am skeptic about that price, it seems too steep for a kit, I may be wrong. But can anyone throw a ballpark figure on how much one can run? I appreicate it.

It honestly depends on how good the quality of your press kit is gonna be.

If you're throwing together something printed on standard paper from four Lexmark priner, and a CD-R...its gonna cost you next to nothing to do.

On the other hand, if you have it printed by a profesional printer, on good stock paper, and have a few CDs pressed, you look a lot more professional, but its gonna cost you a fair bit.

If you're throwing together something printed on standard paper from four Lexmark priner, and a CD-R...its gonna cost you next to nothing to do.

On the other hand, if you have it printed by a profesional printer, on good stock paper, and have a few CDs pressed, you look a lot more professional, but its gonna cost you a fair bit.

yea, I figure that much out on my own, I just want an approx. figure, a range of costs.

Have anyone, put together a press kit? How much did you spent on it? Someone get at me about this.

It only cost me probably around $250-$300 considering I have a friend who is a photagrapher. He did my photo shoot for free and charged $150 for the graphics on the bio sheet and i do my own CDR's with printed labels (dont get it twisted they can look real professional if you know what your doing) and I do my own business cards and additional track listing and lyric sheets. But maybe I'm just lucky.

one alternative is to go to the local college. I'm a Public Relations major at ISU and i'm offering artists in the local area and in Chicago free writing and design for custom press kits. they just pay for the supplies, and i get to keep one press kit for my portfolio. They get cheap press kits that are of professional quality and i get to bulk up my portfolio, because believe it or not, universities don't do jack to help students build portfolios within the PR field.

Back