sampling and recording

B

big timothy

i was thinking of getting intakt, and in my research a question arose...

I've heard talk of some sampling programs not being able to record the actual samples, only being able to process them. This way you would have to record to another program and just transfer the sound.

For me, I was thinking of Intakt becuase I'm really into just sampling, Tracktion 2 for a great price and workflow, and then just a midi controller to play out one shot samples and drums. It sounds pretty perfect for me, except for the Intakt part.

So my two questions are:

What is the best softsampler for around intakts price?

and

With the sampler you think would work best, would I need another program to record the actual audio sample with, and what's a good program to do it with?

Thanks very much..

I persoanlly use Kontakt. it has a plethora of editing features that can really pump out a sample brightly. When referring to "recording" a sample, are you jus going on about recording from the source to your computer? i use Cubase for that matter which is fairly easy to do.

yea..when i mean recording i mean just getting the sample off the vinyl into the computer...

By saying you use Cubase to do that then I'm guessing you do need something extra lol. Tracktion is basically the same thing: audio/midi recording and sequencing so I could do it that way.

Last question:

When it comes down to Tracktion and Cubase SE. waht would u choose?

Back