Recording Schools

I

ice

Does anybody know of any of thoes recording schools that i could attend during the summer since im just 15 and stuff...i just want to get deeper in the field an learn more..u kno get more experience

Check community colleges. Some of them allow youngsters such as you too attend. But it's safe to say that most recording courses they may have, if they have any at all, are not all that great.

...thought this was a Full Sail thread in disguise. Not all are bad courses at community colleges, and if anything, you are still getting more exposure then others in your age bracket, giving you an edge.

nah ive been to the full sail site and you have to be around 18 dont you....bummer for me

i'm in school and decided to take some midi classes using a roland and MOTU but it wasn't that great so I dropped it hoping to spend my money on studio equipment but instead I got a 237 dollar speeding ticket.

you may be better off spending your time researching on the net. tackle each issues one at a time ie. eq, compression, mixing, recording, mastering, effects etc. so you fully undersatnd them before you move on.

Still can't beat the skillz of a determined self taught producer because unlike studying at a college/institution, your ability progresses naturally and uniquely rather than learning the methods that have been taught to thousands of other engineers and producers.

peac

I have a couple of friends that graduated from full sail...One is doing great in the music industry the other is doing not so great...I have been to full sail to visit and it is a really nice place,lots of equipment and stuff.The tuituion is really high 20k plus.They teach you some good stuff but what you do with it after they get their money from you is entirely up to you,Don't go to school and think that just because you have a degree that it makes you instantly employable because it won't...You have to make music your life...Now if you have lots of money to spend on having someone show you the ropes of the music industry and you have the time to complete the classes at full sail then by all means go for it, but if you think that going to full sail or any school like it is going to magically get you on then you should seriously reconsider. My best advice is buy some equipment make some banging tracks and get some exposure for yourself,even if you have to give out music for free get heard...I know a lot of people that have talent at making music but they never let there music leave their house.

i heard a lot of peoplein Full Sail come out disappointed. classes are real long, 40+ hrs a week, it's expensive, and they dont learn that much. ARTI and SAE are supposed to be real good though. prices aren't as high, classes dont take up much of your time, and they offer more audio related things. with full sail, it's not a school just for audio. it's for everything. but ARTI and SAE....that's their primary focus.

a good thing about goin to audio engineering, job placements. and plus, you can go to a lot of studio's afterwards, and dont have to pay as much for studio time.

alternatives

The best way to get a recording education to me is paying a engineer to teach you. I would have done that, but you can't take out loans for personal sessions with audio engineers.

Probably the biggest thing with most full sail grads is how they expect to instantly have a "paying job" when they get out of here. This one dude went on a rant the other day in class cuz he expected to have a job when he graduated, but he knows he most likely won't.

Classes are real long, but your getting a degree that takes two years to get in one year. Other blanket statements made in this post like "You don't learn much at full sail" and "you won't have a job if you go to full sail" are pushing it a bit. Technically, you most likely won't have a paying job when you graduate. You start at the bottom like all the other recording school grads. After you graduate the education continues in the form of working for free (internships). You learn just as much at full sail, or even more than other recording arts schools. You'll just pay out the arse for full sail, which is why so many people utterly hate the school, including me, but I love to education I'm getting and don't regret coming here.

If your going to any recording arts school, make sure you research all the jobs you can get with a recording arts degree, and would you want to do those jobs, cuz most poeple go to school to work in music studios, and thats the hardest place to get payed and pretty much all new recording arts grads apply there first.

Back