Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on the Bob Katz and Bobby Owsinski titles. The Bob Katz is top of my recommended reading list for anyone who's serious about the production of music in any cpacity.

"Picture Chord Encyclopedia" Photos, Diagrams & Music notation for over 1,600 Keyboard Chords.

Last edited:
Arkaic said:
what's a good book on learning the basics on synthesizers and synth programming? Specifically software modular synths, if that matters.

Wizoo's Programming Synthesizers

the matrix of hiphop by black dot, dope presentation of hiphop from the beginning until ****-hop.

good book, but the author is racism.

is there someone who read this book too ?

Think and Grow Rich-The African American version written by Napoloeon Hill's protege Dennis Kimbro. I aint ever been the same since I read that book.It opened my mind up to a whole other level. Unfortunately I outgrew most of my homies after adapting that approach to life. I recommend it to any minority interested in becoming an entrepreneur. He took Napoloen Hill's principles and expanded upon it.If you're not a minority-cop Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if anyone mentioned it earlier but Arnold Schoenberg's
"Fundamentals of Musical Composition" is a must read emphasizing on the classical side.A more easy to follow read would be the ravenspiral guide which i think is available for free online.

Books to get your mindset right:

-Rich Dad Poor Dad~Robert Kiyosaki
-The Magic of Thinking Big~David J. Schwartz
-Cash Flow Quadrant~Robert Kiyosaki
-Everything You'd Better Know About the Record Industry~Kashif/Gary A. Greenberg

That's just a few and some are already mentioned.

I have many, but 2 previously stated that I've found really useful regarding music are,

*The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory

*The Mixing Engineer's Handbook

For life in general, I like

*The Secret

*The 4 agreements

Something that I would recomend is "All You Need To Know About The Music Business" By: Donald S. Passman 6th edition. Its been re-published so many times since new things are happening in todays music. This book basically deals with everything that you do need to know.

If your just getting started and have some basic Knowlege as a foundation; "Home recording for Musicians-For Dummies" actually has a lot of great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back