Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know any good biographies to read? Like i've heard 50 cents one is good so i'm thinkin' bout picking that up. Any others I should check?

As per hitz suggestion Im making a list of recommended books.

Books concerning overall success in life:

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
-A MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST read book about pretty much how to use the most valuable asset you will ever have - your head.

Any other books by him are great as well.

Music Theory

"Theory of Harmony", "Counterpoint" and "Fundamentals of Composition" by Arnold Schoenberg - a contemporary composer, the first 2 books will give you a wealth of knowledge that can pretty soon teach how to compose entire symphonies.

"6 Steps to Songwriting Success" - Jason Blume, a good read with some real gems.

And add some other stuff dudes, I aint doin all the reading.

Wait, so is the first 2 books written by the same author? The author is an entrepenuer and a musician?

Last edited:
Definitely enjoyed reading The Dance Music Manual by Rick Snoman. I'm a house music producer, but it's definitely got info for everyone to enjoy.

I will definitely be reading most of these books this through the rest of this year.

I will probably be stuck with the dilemma of knowing which book to begin. I think they're many users overwhelmed with so much information, it's a curse and blessing. Thanks to all contributors and giving good insight.

Out of these suggested books, or should you suggest a new one, would you say best covers the idea of compression in the process of mastering?

Last edited:
Crazy! Two months ago I was going through some of my great grandmother books from here school teaching years and i stumble over "Think and Grow Rich". I'm so thankful to had discoverd such a life changing gem that was due for the trash can come October (my ppl are selling that house). It change my perspective on music and life in general. If your reading this and never read the book, find it or buy it ASAP!! You can't put a price on knowledge man.

Big ups to all to everyone who posted books... its crazy how many music people, be it djs, producers, even artists fail to realize the importance of printed media in the industry... I try to get as many books as i can.... the only music related ones ive read were the Richard Branson book that was previously mentioned and a book called Modern Recording Techniques, that i got for my curriculum at The Art Institute of Washington... I had no idead Diddy had a book.. def coppin that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back