Reason 6 vs. FL Studio: Which is better?

What should I get?

• Total voters

ProducerJC

IndieHost
My studio was broken into a while ago and everything was stolen; including my program install CD's and serials numbers. Among the installs was my Reason 5 upgrade disc. Reason 6 is coming out on September 30th, however, I was wondering if I should get FL Studio instead.

What do you guy's think, huh?

Neither is better. Its like asking whats better markers or crayons. Some people prefer markers some prefer crayons and me being the difficult person I am I usually say pastells. The beautiful thing also about Reason 6 is that as long as its been registered you can always buy the upgrade. Idk if FL is the same way but I would assume it is. If I were you I would pick the one I know and like best.

You can do anything in FL that you can do in Reason that you can do in Logic that you can do in (insert your favorite D.A.W here) ... personally I go with FL ... I've used Logic and Pro Tools in class, and I've just found FL Studio's interface is more user friendly... that's just me though. I've been working heavy in FL for almost 3 years and I can do just about anything that you would need done in it... and as much as I know I still have so much more to learn about it.

damn it all comes down to not what u have is how u use it . i would say im a loyal fl studio user a i tried everything on the market an i would say fl studio is by far ahead of what reason can do ..

I stick to 2 DAWs, FL studio 10 (i know FL studio like the back of my hand) & Cubase. Honestly...i think it comes down to which you find yourself most compatible with.

I stick to 2 DAWs, FL studio 10 (i know FL studio like the back of my hand) & Cubase. Honestly...i think it comes down to which you find yourself most compatible with.

How long have you been working with FL? That's a bold statement saying you know it like the back of your hand lol

about 6 years now, like someone else stated above i can pretty much do anything i need to with FL, shes my babygirl.
Cubase on the other hand, im still getting to grips with that muufka lol.

about 6 years now, like someone else stated above i can pretty much do anything i need to with FL, shes my babygirl.
Cubase on the other hand, im still getting to grips with that muufka lol.

Yeah, I bought Cubase 5 a while back, but haven't even used it yet. I wanna get better with FL Studio before I go jumping into another DAW

I wanna get better with FL Studio before I go jumping into another DAW

yea thats the best thing to do IMO, once youve learnt to use a DAW properly, you can then implement those skills with any other DAW, only thing is just knowing HOW to use that other DAW in a sense of where everything is etc.

(how many times did i say DAW??)

Last edited:
Reason 6 + logic express best combo ever!!! ;) logic IMO is so much more professionally designed then fl studio

I guess i'm biased slightly just because im a long time reason user but i take reason over fl studio....reason and cubase have always been the 2 i've gone back and forth with over the years

been using reason since about version 3.. pretty much know the in's and outs of it and i love it.. but FL >>>>>>>.. the workflow of FL and the ability to use certain plugins so much better... yea i can get the same sound out of Reason but it takes a lot of work to get things sounding how i want it.. me and my team used fl for about 3 weeks and made 70 beats.. the workflow is just great.. and Reason has gotta stop bullshitting, they put these minimal upgrades and drop these grand releases... of course im gonna buy reason 6 when it drops cause i stay loyal to the company but if that doesnt impress, im dusting off this laptop and getting my FL on

id say try out demos or "demos" of all the big daws and see what one works best for you. go on youtube and watch ppl make beats with it and see what intrigues you. good luck man.

i sue logic and PT and prob reason again......

I gotta say FL hands down. Been using both since their ver. 3's. Depends on what you want out of the program though.

All my opinion, Reason's strongpoint is realistic sounds and a closed environment to work in like using a single workstation keyboard.

FL's left behind in sounds, but add a few vstis and the problem is solved. FL just does everything effortlessly. Sampling, sequencing, creating. It's the genius of simplicity.

Them stock sounds on FL blow.

Also on Reason you can add flam to drums, IDK how or if you can in FL without a pain in the ass.

Mixing on FL is kind of a pain in the ass, although I believe it doesn't eat up as much CPU as Reason.

But I mean Edison is pretty much a good enough reason to get FL.

I know this isn't the answer that you want, but aside from minor pros and cons, they're both the same thing.

I use both TBH'erz :D

What's up Reason user! Make sure you vote for Reason if that's what you use. Reason 6 looks promising, but what do you think?

Well Ive used Reason 4 and now on Reason 5, and from the looks of what there bringing with the 6th version it should be dope! But IMO its your own choice, use both! I used to use reason to write melodies and lay down the overall structure and then import drums I made in FL Studio.

Now I have a mac, and dont feel like running parallels on it to run both platforms, but I would like to use the Vst's ( SO i have Pro Tools.lol) but you know its how you work your equipment.

I wouldnt say BUY it though...maybe try it out and see which one you feel fits best.

Sucks that your studio got broken, where was it located? Would you have any advice for future or current studio owners when it comes to things like this? As in like where you should have it located and things like that

Back