reason 2.0 questions

B

big timothy

1. how do i put each different drum sound on its own redrum channel so i can send each one to its own channel on the mixer?
2. how do i erase the demo song in the sequencer part so i cna put my own stuff in it?
im just starting to try some drums and mess with sequencing in reason while im waiting for a midi controller so itd be cool if somebody could help me out
thanks

1. click on the little folder button on each redrum channel to choose the sample, then run the out from that channel on the back of the redrum to the mixer.

2. edit/select all, edit/cut device to get rid of all the devices, then click on each sequencer track and hit delete to delete them.

thanks a lot man but i got one more question
i made a drum pattern in redrum so i hit record and played it, but i played it back and it just kept on goin. how do i get it to make one of those little blocks lol so i can put the different patterns where i want them?
thanks

i dont really know how to explain lol
ill try it a bit differently
ive made a couple different patterns in redrum and i want to use them on the same song for the intro, verse, hook...
i dont know how to write the different patterns in at the different bars in the sequencer
it just keeps playing the patternt i have selected when i press play
basically im trying to figure out how to make each pattern play for only a specific amount of bars...like pattern 1 for 8 bars, then 2 for 16, then 3 for 8
how do i do that? lol

thats the thing
i lost the manual so all i can use is the manual that came on the disc and its not really helpin

there might be one on the propellerhead site check their

go the the props site , log in go to support and then got to reason , then to using the program .

if you are not a registered memeber (did you buy it ?) , you are screwed .

big timothy said:
thats the thing
i lost the manual so all i can use is the manual that came on the disc and its not really helpin
Please take this the right way.

The Reason manual explains everything that you have asked so far very well. You have copies on your disc. If the paper copy of the "Getting Started Manual" has been lost, you can have one printed from the PDF file(s) on your discs.

If you have a reading comprehension problem, there are several good video tutorials for sale.

I addition, there are several good tutorials on the Propellerheads website for registered users.

You need to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.5 ASAP. Again, it's free for registered users.

lol i feel like a dumbass
i dont have a reading comprehension problem lol
i got it figured out now
thanks for the help tho guys

Back