READ!! More content and features for FutureProducers.com Members!

i agree...we shout be able to vote for who are mods are...at least to a point right?!?!

democratic-donkey.gif

Fp is a dictatorship not a democracy that will never happen lol. And for those of u who wish for a brighter background the black and grey is very refreshing from the green FP used to be or the orange and brown it was before that.

Xabiton said:
Fp is a dictatorship not a democracy that will never happen lol. And for those of u who wish for a brighter background the black and grey is very refreshing from the green FP used to be or the orange and brown it was before that.

Chocolate and Blood it was called!

what's the point in running two very similar forums in parallel? what do you expect from that step?

honestly, all that development disappoints me seriously. FP lost a lot quality in the last two years, and it was not a coincidence. i'm really thinking about moving my FP activities to gearsluts or KVR, where the "quality guys" are.

the outdated graphic-design and the lack of a proper moderation in most forums is a shame. what about RSS feeds for every forum, better personal profiles (that's what the web is about these days), more social stuff (friends, cooperative tools, etc), a wiki for all these repetitive technical posts, a blog for every member to avoid spam in the forums etc ???

all this is much more important than the weak audiofanzine forums, ad driven news and articles. this is still "web 0,5" - the stuff that was cool in 96.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
Gutty u make it sound like every hot track that comes out doesnt get like 30 threads lol. Lets remember the 8000 Carter 3 threads

im pretty sure u would be the wackest mod ever,,,

^ LOL

Well I haven't even been here for a year, so I'll just see what happens with the site.
Hope it's all for the best.

moses said:
what's the point in running two very similar forums in parallel? what do you expect from that step?

honestly, all that development disappoints me seriously. FP lost a lot quality in the last two years, and it was not a coincidence. i'm really thinking about moving my FP activities to gearsluts or KVR, where the "quality guys" are.

the outdated graphic-design and the lack of a proper moderation in most forums is a shame. what about RSS feeds for every forum, better personal profiles (that's what the web is about these days), more social stuff (friends, cooperative tools, etc), a wiki for all these repetitive technical posts, a blog for every member to avoid spam in the forums etc ???

all this is much more important than the weak audiofanzine forums, ad driven news and articles. this is still "web 0,5" - the stuff that was cool in 96.

can someone answer?

moses said:

i agree with everything you said here.. the wiki would be cool, and so would personal profiles

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

Moses, here are the answers:

The outdated graphic-design and the lack of a proper moderation in most forums is a shame. what about RSS feeds for every forum, better personal profiles (that's what the web is about these days), more social stuff (friends, cooperative tools, etc), a wiki for all these repetitive technical posts, a blog for every member to avoid spam in the forums etc ???
We would be pleased to developp these new features.
Some of them already exist on Audiofanzine (RSS feed for each forum, each product, each category, and all kind of contents). You can declare all your gear on the AF profile. We will make a wikis/blogs for members in the future.
The main problem is that FP's forum are Vbulletin, which is a pain to maintain and develop. In the other hand we made all the Audiofanzine code by ourselves and know perfectly how it works.

all this is much more important than the weak audiofanzine forums
I agree that for the moment the AF forums are not very active, but please start asking technical questions and AF members will be happy to answer your questions. AF is really popular in France but still new in English... But you should check how it works because technically, for all technical threads, AF forums are definitly better that Vbulletin (you have one forum per product, one forum per category, and the possibility to "zoom in" and "zoom out" into the forums).

I will be honest, we are not going to redevelopp Vbulletin forums as we already have a better technology with Audiofanzine. So, to answer "what's the point in running two very similar forums in parallel? what do you expect from that step?", we hope that people enjoy this different technology and go on AF forums for gear threads, and keep staying on FP mainly for the Hiphop forum which is the biggest and the most particular on FP.

"ad driven news and articles" > What do you mean by "ad driven" ? In case you have a doubt about that, the news and articles are 100% independant from any advertising

Anyway I really appreciate all of your feedbacks (even when it is negative) because it helps us making better features in the future and understand what you really want. :cheers:

ah! great to hear from you.

Psycom said:
We would be pleased to developp these new features.
Some of them already exist on Audiofanzine (RSS feed for each forum, each product, each category, and all kind of contents). You can declare all your gear on the AF profile. We will make a wikis/blogs for members in the future.
The main problem is that FP's forum are Vbulletin, which is a pain to maintain and develop. In the other hand we made all the Audiofanzine code by ourselves and know perfectly how it works.

that's good news.

Psycom said:
I agree that for the moment the AF forums are not very active, but please start asking technical questions and AF members will be happy to answer your questions. AF is really popular in France but still new in English... But you should check how it works because technically, for all technical threads, AF forums are definitly better that Vbulletin (you have one forum per product, one forum per category, and the possibility to "zoom in" and "zoom out" into the forums).

Psycom said:
I will be honest, we are not going to redevelopp Vbulletin forums as we already have a better technology with Audiofanzine. So, to answer "what's the point in running two very similar forums in parallel? what do you expect from that step?", we hope that people enjoy this different technology and go on AF forums for gear threads, and keep staying on FP mainly for the Hiphop forum which is the biggest and the most particular on FP.

oh, ok. that's tough. but i could live with it, if you do two things:

- officially announce the new structure. myself for example only read FPs technical forums. i should directly move to audiofanzine in this case. but it's really sad to lose the >2000 posts, this was hard work.

- make the accounts interchangeable. probably the most important step to improve audiofanzine's acceptance for old FP users. i'd like to keep my profile data. please!

Psycom said:
"ad driven news and articles" > What do you mean by "ad driven" ? In case you have a doubt about that, the news and articles are 100% independant from any advertising

ok, accepted ;)

btw, ask me if you need any help.

Last edited:
Hi Moses,

Thank you for your reply and your offer to help.

Don't worry, if we decide to move members who write technical posts to AF, we will definitely move their contributions and background too (like number of posts, images, pseudo, etc) so they are not "newbies" again. In the meantime I think you are right that we should find a way to keep the member accounts for both websites. I will think about it with my friend who makes the developments.

talk to you soon!

Psycom said:
....we hope that people enjoy this different technology and go on AF forums for gear threads, and keep staying on FP mainly for the Hiphop forum which is the biggest and the most particular on FP.

So FP is really going to become futureproducersofhiphop.com....

Back