a question about sound library cds and how to play them, thanks

ROYAL

i was on ebay earlier typing in some vst's that i was looking for at a discounted price, in my search i came across several sample cds at much cheaper prices and the paragraphs on them sound very interesting. One i came across, The Best Of Korg cdhttp://www.pyramid-sound.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=korg.htm. my question is what do i need to use these sounds? i'm switched to strictly software and i'm sort of new to it. So i have almost $300 to spend, so what's a good program to use get that will play these sample cds that say they have sounds from all these legendary keyboards and synths? are there any disk or programs you guys recommend for some realistic sounds? at this point i'm looking more for live instruments (pianos, guitars, strings, horns, woods). or are those sample cds no good or inconvenient? like those east/west cds and things. any recommendations or advice would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
ROYAL said:
i was on ebay earlier typing in some vst's that i was looking for at a discounted price, in my search i came across several sample cds at much cheaper prices and the paragraphs on them sound very interesting. One i came across, The Best Of Korg cdhttp://www.pyramid-sound.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=korg.htm. my question is what do i need to use these sounds? i'm switched to strictly software and i'm sort of new to it. So i have almost $300 to spend, so what's a good program to use get that will play these sample cds that say they have sounds from all these legendary keyboards and synths? are there any disk or programs you guys recommend for some realistic sounds? at this point i'm looking more for live instruments (pianos, guitars, strings, horns, woods). or are those sample cds no good or inconvenient? like those east/west cds and things. any recommendations or advice would be appreciated. thanks

Most of those "sample cd's" are just basically one shot sounds recorded chopped and put on c.d. Alot of people place adds that say Trition sounds, Motif sounds, fantom sound etc. but really most of the times unless its a unique sound that one of the keyboards has, you won't know what keyboard they were recored from.

Alot of people here frequent FL more than Reason but with my personal experience, I found that Reason was better for me. Try and check out some vids on reasons and FL studio on youtube so you can see how they function. You also can try and go on warbeats dot com. They are strickly for Fl users.

That "Best of Korg" cd seems to be designed for Kurzweil keyboards, though - the samples are still probably regular wavs, but you'd have to completely rebuild the patches for whatever sampler you're gonna use, so in effect you might be pretty disappointed at the actual sounds...

Back