produktion equipment

W

wordman

Yo what up was wonderin if any 1 could help me out? Im gonna start my own produktion company, me and my girl.And i was wonderin if these tools would be good. Akai mpc 2000 or 1000 but alot of people been tellin me to use the mpc 60 or 3000.Korg Triton LE, and Pro Tools. But I was thinkin about usin the fruity loops program,if anyone could help me out holla back 1.

D.F.A

If I was you a would get a mpc 2000,a asr-10,if you want a workstation,get a motif instead of a triton le.

what is better about the motif and why should I go with the mpc 2000?Should it be the mpc 2000 or xl?Or either,and what about fruity loops?

i'll throw in my $.02.

the motif es is a dope synth, and its not as "heard" as the triton. the triton's been around for a while and you can hear its sounds all over the place. with the motif, out of the box you wont be soundin like most cats.

on the mpc side, i'd go with a 2000 or a 60 (but only if the 60 comes with the 3.10 upgrade from Roger Linn and the memory expanded.). i think that the 3000 is overpriced. the 60 is built like a tank, sounds thick as hell. the 2000 feels a little cheaper, but it will do the job.

as for FL, i've been playin with the demo for a while and i've decided that I couldn't use it for my main sequencer/sampler. i was impressed with it's ease of use, but it doesn't feel right for me. i'll be buyin it to put on the laptop for when im away from the lab, but its no where near an MPC. i am a bit biased because i came up on hardware. try out the demo and see if you dig it.

I would start with FL... learn the basics, decide if you have what it takes, and enjoy doing it, then either master the program (9th wonder only uses FL and cooledit) or buy some hardware. After u get the hang of FL, get better sounds, because the program is real good, just the sounds that come with it arent good, but thats no problem.

yes, how much experience do you know from these products? a lot of these things are similar, but they only vary in interface.

Motif:The sounds are fresher.Its a monster at chopping up samples.

Yo what up ? I got another ? With Pro Tools can you by a drum loop cd and load the loops through pro tools,to create beats?And what kind of loops do they have to be.Wav,Rex,etc..

HOLLA AT CHA BOI
WORDMAN D.F.A

you could chop and loop in PT, but your not gonna be able to timestretch and mix and match loops at different tempos. unless you went for a TDM system(then you get the beat detective function). ive programmed beats this way in Nuendo, but im not thrilled with doing it that way.

A MAN WHAT UP?WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE ASR-10 I DONT GET IT THEY GOT A KEYBOARD AND A RACKMOUNT?WHATS SETS THE 2 APART? HOLLA

One of them have keys and one doesnt,I think thats the only difference.

A YO WHAT U WHAT WOULD BE BETTER TO GET?THE ASR KEYBOARD OR ASR RACK MOUNT?OR ARE THEY BOTH SICK?1 MORE THING COULD YOU HAVE A BEAT MAD AND LOAD IT INTO PRO TOOLS AND USE THAT AS 1 HOLE TRACK AND THEN ON THE REST SPIT YOUR FLOWS AND OVER DUB ETC....

HOLLA !!!

They both sik,but I would get the keyboard,but that is just me.
Wordman check your pm.

holla!

do you already have a good midi-keyboard to trigger the rackmounted asr? if so, then go for the rack..

if you don't, then go for the version with keys..

but i'd strongly recommend trying software first.. (i.e. FL Studio, Reason), see how u like it, learn the basics, learn the effects and how to use 'em, and once you feel comfortable with everything go get your first piece of hardware.. ;)

if you already know that you'll be going the hardwareway at one time, then i'd recommend "reason", because it's closer to a "real" setup. (you'll see what i'm talking about, once you've seen its graphical interface)

easier is fruity loops tho, and with its ability to use vsti-plugins (not possible within reason, but there are lots of "refills" available) you can load some very nice instruments in there (the included sounds don't sound pretty good, and/or you'll get tired of them really soon ;))

both are great programs to start out with, even tho there'll be a higher learning curve in reason and, as i already mentioned, you'll also get a hang of how to use hardware easier like that ;)

Last edited:
A I was wondering can you load a beat into Pro Tools?Like a beat you would make off of Fruity Loops or say a mpc or motif.If anyone can help good lookin out. Holla

IF you made a beat off of floops you have to import it in pro tools,it you made a beat oof of a motif or mpc,you have to track it into ptools.

^ Yeah u can, although there are different methods for each. And with the motif u may just be happy controlling midi, rather than recording its audio. Gives u more flexability.

Just one thing though, how much experience u got with producing and music? If u jump in with that much cash, and find u dont like it, or arent any good- you can end up wasting a fair bit.

Programs like FL, reason e.t.c are a great way to start- cos if u cant make it there, u wont be able to do much better with a few k worth of kit.

Ok so say you have a hole beat done in FL you can load it up into Pro Tools?And it will use up only 1 track!Or how does that work?
Holla at cha boy

Oh 1 more thing how do you sample somthing from a cd you know like kanye does?Say you want to use a little part of someone singin anyone know Holla.

Ill tell you now- I really dont think ull be starting up a production company. You dont know enough to be spending as much as u plan to.

Back