Which Producer influenced you the most to start maikng beats?

Dj Scratch, Jay Dilla, Nottz, RZA, DJ Premier, Organize Noize, Dr. Dre, Battlecat, NO ID, Mr. Porter (D-12), DJ Toomp

Last edited:
i'd say one of my good friends.. he was a sampler.. crate digger... he sampled all his joints though... kick snare hi hat done.. and his joints were sounding hot and im like if this mother ****er could do dat.. den i def can lol.. and boom a lil over 2+ years later im here

Thes One is definately my top influence, though his rapping isn't the greatest he's retarded when it comes to beats, he samples pretty much everything that nobody would think about sampling, really gives him a unique sound thats kinda rare now a days, because sometimes I can't tell beats apart, it all sounds like Primo to me(not to diss Primo, don't think he creats the best beats anyways, and also just think others that tend to copy his style). I could pick out a beat by Thes One from a ten second sample(hyperbole), but still his beats give me nightmares and the mother ****ing shivers. VERY FEW PRODUCERS ACTUALLY LITERALLY MAKE MY HAIR STAND ON END, BUT PRETTY MUCH ANY THES ONE BEAT WILL DO THIS, WETHER ITS SOLO OR IN PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS.

Damu the Fudgemunk, another unique banger.

Gramatik, just insane with instruments.

Mark Farina, enjoy his Mushroom Jazz albums though he doesn't produce those beats, he is the best I've heard at making one beat flow into another, you listen to one of his C.Ds and it sounds like one big track.
* Highly recommend listening to one of his Mushroom Jazz c.ds and comparing it to the original cause he does change it up, good example of J'Dillas beat with Que-D - Rock Box, his mix is awesome like it better than Dillas, another is produced by Thes One, which I'd say is one of the best beats in hip hop Suite for Beaver Pt.1 by Mark Farina(produced by Thes One, with Peopl Under the Stairs rapping). Dilla's rock box is definately up there.

* ANYTHING FROM OM RECORDS for the most part, that one company has signed most of my favourite artists, and I discovered each one on their own before even realizing they're all from Om Records, if your into ambient, trance, house, hip-hop, funk, rnb, just anything thats calming and rhythmic then they definately will have an Artist signed that you could appreaciate to the fullest. Bleh, these artists make me want to produce beats.

Amp Live, just incredibly diverse

RJD2, no one has a sound like him.

DJ Surreal, can't forget the Sound Providers, not the best rap, but insane beats in my opinion.

Dj Krush, unique sound.

Dj Smash

Dj Groovejuice

Cut Chemist

Urbs and Cutex

Kero One

I could name a million Dj and Producers that have influenced me so I'm gonna stop there.

*Forgot Pete Rock and Jazzy Jeff(don't give two shits he produced Will Smith, he is ****ing talented, and probally the most "commercial" Dj I appreaciate, so despite some shitty albums he is just insane), and whoever does Digable Planets beats. AND DILLA, MADLIB... blah I need to stop.

I didn't even mention funking Rock, Jeff Fogarty, Sam Roberts, Hendrix, McJager, Gordon Downie, Jim Kudi, I could ****in go on and on, haven't even finished hip-hop, rock, started jazz

Last edited:
Honorable mention to the Beatnuts who I have almost all their albums. All the producers from Battleaxe Records are pretty frickin tallented - Rob the Viking, Kemo, DJ Revolution and I know I am leaving someone out.

Back