Which Producer influenced you the most to start maikng beats?

In the beginning my influences came from Timabland and Neptunes..but as I got into music more the influences expanded to many others like raphael saadiq, Just blaze, Rodney jerkins, Andre 3000, Prince, Underdogs, Dre...

With out a doubt.

Ben Tankard, Herbie Handcock, Stevie-Wonder, DJ Shadow, Jay Dee/J-Dilla & Madlib. My dad is a bassist, and he had a lot of albums by that guy. My Uncle introduced me to Solful and funk kats, but Herbie Handcock & Stevie Wonder really got to me with the quality of their productions (and yes, although Stevie is an artist, he is credited in a lot of songs as the producer). Dj Shadow... Endtroducing anyone??? And a lot of classics produced by J-Dilla, and Madlib. But I didn't take anything seriously until I discovered them, especially the old Slum Village joints.

I started cuz im in a rap group and at the time was the only 1 wit a computer. But i always wanted to do this i had no clue how though. Inspirations were Just and 'Ye for the Dynasty and Blueprint(I could probally throw bink in that catagory too though i aint know who he was at the time) Outkast and their producers Both members have produced their work some times its listed as Earthtone along with some one else who i forgot and Orginized Noise is nice. and Rockwilder though i have no clue what he is doing but i hears he was selling beats for 10 bucks to give struggling artist nice beats

Sum ppl just say the guys that where on that album...That dont sound like insperation 2 me..premier is my 2nd fav but stoupe is 3rd but hes a bigger insperation because of his spanish samples i hear some samples and im like wtf?i grew up listening to them spanish songs...dude really showed u can do anything to make hip hop imo

but the g.o.a.t. rza of course dude is a fuken beast unlike timbo,dre,neptunes and etc..........he can sound tottally diffrent from album to album....them 3 producers can make a pop song 4 a female then a hip hop song 4 a mc and it will be the same thing...rza adapts to the artist and meshes perfect...36,to ob4cl,to liquid swords to ironman 2 most of forever they sound so diffrent..hes def my biggest insperation musicly

Back