Positive's & Negative's about Korg Triton!!! Speak on it

T

Tha Truth

Speak your mind about korg triton whats your likes and dislikes or is it a flawless piece of gear. for korg triton owners & users? Talk!!:cool:

I don't know about my Triton more and more lately. It just seems that dedicated pieces of hardware could do nastier stuff. Though I'm into ambient and IDM stuff and hence, aside from it's sampler, sequencer (which I think could be improved) and RPPR functions, I can't say that I am totally in love with it, something that expensive should really be my baby.

Laj

i had a trinity.I sold it.I came up to use for a good 6 monthes a triton.
I gonna get another trinity soon this year.Ihated the sampling facility.

Not too impressed with it

in my opinion it has too much hype around it. I know several people who ran out and got it, or are getting one, and they're scrappin up every last dollar or taking out loans just to get it when its not the only thing out there that can work. The sounds on it aren't that natural. I suppose its good for people who aren't into the natural sounds. I've heard the Yamaha Motif is a better deal for the price, can't verify that myself, though.

Didnt eminem&Dre use the Korg Triton on eminems new album ? I think they did..

With the Triton, you get what you paid for, a "all in one box". It's doesn't have the best sounds, effects, sequencer, sampler, etc...but to have all those functions on one keyboard is amazing...if I were you see if you need all those function...for instance if you have a sampler why get a triton when you can get a triton le....

+ : many sounds & effects, easy touch interface, appegiator, sampler that comes stock with about 16mb ram, easy to record sequence, probably the best "all in one studio out there" if not second..creating own patches are somewhat easy....since so many people have tritons now, im sure there are thousands of patches for new sounds on the net...

- : with out the effect the sounds suck, no tap tempo, doesnt really translate akai samples correctly(maybe cause of my O.S), groove option could be easier( almost like MPC), to have so many function korg had to sacrifice in each department, also I known couple of people who had trouble with there disk drives...

I've had a triton rack for about a year now. I originally bought it for my touring gig to replace my aging Juno 106 and add some more sampled tones to my rig, but I ended up using it almost entirely.
Since I've gone studio, I don't use it much being more into software stuff. It's got nice organic keyboards (piano, organ, ep, clav), but as far as synth stuff I do most of that software. The triton is just another sample-playback unit with weak filters unless you get the MOSS board (which I haven't)
I never use the sampling, because the only way to save or load sample data is through the floppy drive -- why am I going to waste my time with that antique? I wish they had put USB ports on it for sample dumping. Also, once you've edited samples on a computer that little LCD screen on the triton is poop.
All in all a good unit for meat-and-potatoes sounds. The strings disappointed me, but are still decent. The piano's get an "A", and everything else is pretty much "A" or "B".
That's my experience.
Peace,
Lykwyd Chykyn

I bought the Pro X model for it's weighted keys 2.5 years ago to help me when I started taking keyboard lessons. Learning on lite-weight keys doesnt work when your paino teacher has you playing on a real piano during lessons.

I have since added a Virus B, Novation and EMU gear to my studio to get the sounds I need (but I drive them via the Triton keyboard) and sequence via Sonar/Cakewalk.

now yall look here This is a live keyoard but people were putting it in their studios ! to the guy who said it doesnt have good sound what is wrong with you! If you can play anything has good sounds and the Triton is one on the top of my list next to the Kurzweil K2600

Wiggum said:

...no tap tempo
doesnt really translate akai samples correctly(maybe cause of my O.S)
also I known couple of people who had trouble with there disk drives...

Hey, well my best list of synths are Triton (studio) & Yamaha Motif.
The Triton does have tap tempo, ok it was introduced in the last OS. Indeed the Akai samples will not be imported too great, but hey does akai import Triton of Trinity samples? ;) j/k
I've never heard anyone having problems with their diskdrivers, I've only heard problems with their benders.

Overall I think the Triton is still the best there is, but I agree to say that it's a matter of taste after all. Most of the pros and cons are mentioned here.

How much are the korg's to buy? I don't know much about them but just seen someone selling a used one in mint condition for $1500.

brand new the price is about 1900 still if not a 100 dollars more.......i own a motif and i want to get a triton still just cause i want the best of both worlds...

i say buy my Triton Le fully loaded with a 250 External zip and u be set becuz all u have to do is upload to it sounds from yourr favorite mpc using a kicka$$ proggy like Awave studio to make .kmp files which assigns wat u want to wat key u want! buying a studio tri is a waste in my opinion, its jus a luxurious triton with lil touch screen this and that bs....

and also if u cant make music with a triton then i suggest u pack it up and never play again!

dm2k are you telling me to buy your triton le off you cause dont you got a triton classic....if i do get a triton its gona be a rack or something...then im out of the buying this or that business for while im gona sit back and become a sound creater...i love the if you cant make a beat with a triton then pack it up......holla

Back