padKONTROL notes resetting everytime I unplug it

Newbie101

Every time I unplug my padKONTROL and try to use it in FL, all of the notes are not on the right pads. i have tried to reset back to factory settings and to save the notes to the pads, but nothing works.

I've never used an MPC type device, but I imagine you've got to be able to set some sort of templates.

But that's how MIDI devices to as far as I know, they reset whenever you unplug/turn them off.

Every time I shut my keyboard off I have to rescan it.

But I don't ever mess with mapping out the keys on it, I imagine having to do that every time I turned it on would suck.

This was sort of an issue for me and my padkontrol. Theoretically it should work by just saving your templates on the computer and then sending them to the padkontrol every time you plug it in, but that leaves a lot to be desired.

I just bought maschine and don't have that problem anymore

Are you sure you're saving the Scene correctly? Sorry if it seems obvious, but i have a padkontrol too, so just trying to help out.

All I do with mine is hit the pad I want to map, press the 'Setting" button, use the rotary knob to get set it to the note I want, then you can just press the next pad and use the rotary again to set that one to the note i want, and so on for all the pads.

After you got that all your pads set to the notes you want, hold down the 'Scene' and 'Prog. Change' buttons, then the Display and "Setting" button will flash, just press a pad and remember which number it is and hit the "Setting" button again and it'll save the scene to the padkontrol.
Next time you want to load it up, just press and hold the "Scene" and hit the pad you saved it to.
I mean it's really that simple anytime I do it, if you're already doing this and its not working, something might be wrong with your controller. Maybe time to hit up Korg's product support people, or get a new controller lol

Back