Official Custom Reason Patches Thread!!! Post Yours Here.

Morning_Star

ProTools + Reason user
Some of you may know that I'm a Reason freak. From time to time I spend hours on end programming innovative or useful patches for Reason ranging from synths to side-chain compression fx to multisampled patches.

I have a couple of big patches and refills I'm working on but I want to create a refill for FP.com of all the users on this forum.

So here is the deal, I need everyone to post about three decent patches in the next week. Post as many as you like. Also request any specific patches that your looking for. I'm going to post at least 2 every day and I encourage everyone to try to do the same.

My first two patches are a Multiband Compressor for mastering and a lead that is as sweet as sugar.

[FX] Mutiband Compressor

[Lead] Sweet As Sugar

Here are the rules. Label them with the type first in brackets followed by a descriptive name. If they are Genre specific please note that. Hint... I have some great dubstep patches coming as well as a killer acoustic drum set patch. The patches can be FX (please note if it is an effect instead of an instrument), instruments, REX loops, or midi data. I'm hoping to get 150 patches in the next week. I will debug them all and package them in a refill for all to use. You will also be listed in the credits.

I'd like to see some Dubstep, Pop, Hiphop, Electro-pop, Drum & Bass, and Trance stuff. Big evolving pads, synth strings, heavy bass, dirty wobbles, screaming synths, atmospheric bells, arps, gated pads, ect. If you need help learning how to program a certain sound go to Boy in a Band for amazing tutorials. Just don't copy them specifically. Invent your own. Show these noobies that creating patches is easy, fun and rewarding.

Last edited:
Cool I'll try and get a couple of custom Kong kits together.

All these views and no downloads? Where are my Reason heads at? Obi? You checking these new ones?

Fine I'll post the next two so I'm a day ahead. These are simple but very useful. They are Mastering related patches. One is my Mastering Chain that I use. I think it's pretty good all the time with a little tweaking. Also notice that there is no compressor in it. Only a limiter. This is because I use compression directly on my mixer. This is a Mastering patch. So you use it for mastering. Not for mix buss compression.

The second one I'm posting is a Feq Analyzer for all the people that think that Reason needs one. So I used the Vocoder to create one that was very simple to do. But here it is anyways.

[FX] Mastering Chain

[FX] Freq Analyzer

This is soooooo DOPE!!!!! Ive been making my own refill patches & templates for a little minute now. Hopefully I remember but Ill def. be uploading some patches. Quick question though; do you know how to A. add a custom wallpaper to say a compinator and to B. write all my information inside the patch so people know who made it.

I can pack refills for you. It's takes experience and you have to do it perfect or it won't work right. As for combinator you just right click and select backdrop.

I know how to do it (pack) just havent done it yet. At the moment I have the folder set with the refill packer and I add new sounds as I create them. I remeber now. lol Inside theres a little note with my information on it. AhA!

Come on! Where is the participation?

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-29-2012 at 05:58 AM ----------

Here is two more patches. They are Dirty Wobble basses for dubstep and such. Am I the only one that can program patches in Reason? Are you all just flipping through presets? Or are you so lazy you can't give back to the forum you rely on for answering questions and learning how to further your music production skills?

I spend time here to help. And I expect everyone to give back also. That's why this forum has so many members. So don't be a leech. Post some cool fx or synths. I'm really going to stop sharing if you guys can't pitch in. These are my last patches until I see 10 patches posted by others. Hell, I might as well sell them if there isn't going to be a community effort here.

2 Dubstep Dirty Wobble Basses

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

I know how to do it (pack) just havent done it yet. At the moment I have the folder set with the refill packer and I add new sounds as I create them. I remeber now. lol Inside theres a little note with my information on it. AhA!

You will get loading errors if not done perfectly. Especially when your using combinator backdrops or sample based patches.

I think the wobble bass and the multiband compressor are covered in the factory soundbank? Or do yours differ significantly? Haven't had the time to try them out yet. Been having the flu :S Finally have some time off and I catch the flu. The multiband compressor is also something you can download in one of the weeks of the 52 reason record tips from James Bernard. The wobble bass as well, but I think it's added in 6 now, not totally sure.

About not sharing patches. Right now, I usually flip through presets and adjust them to get somewhere. Also a lot of patches are on the PH forum. Haven't been saving the stuff that I did customise. Usually customisation in my case turns into having so many different things working at the same time. Stuff that isn't saved easily in patch. It is saved in the rns files. I do have a very big refill folder as well. Paid and free.
If I do have something worth putting up here, I'll put it up here. For now, I like that you put up stuff here. Hope some more ppl will put up some nice patches.
On the sharing and giving back, I totally agree. Custom Reason patches is just not something that I can give back to the community right now. I got no custom patches that can be saved easily in a combinator or instrument.

On a side note, you have Reason 6 yet? Have you also checked out the 52 reason record tips and downloaded all those patches in there? Did you check the PH forum with patches posted in it? Did you check out the patch notes of known artists? There's some nice stuff in there as well. Ppl like Selig, Peff, James Bernard and a load more keep posting their patches and they get added in the factory sound bank as well.

Last edited:
Come on! Where is the participation?

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-29-2012 at 05:58 AM ----------

You will get loading errors if not done perfectly. Especially when your using combinator backdrops or sample based patches.

Ill be able to post this weekend.

As far as loading errors, I simply followed the directions a guy did a tutorial on youtube. Its about 11-15min long. A long time ago though. I have all the nessacary files. Ill just post some synths and pianos or whatever for now. Like you doing. lol

I think the wobble bass and the multiband compressor are covered in the factory soundbank? Or do yours differ significantly? Haven't had the time to try them out yet. Been having the flu :S Finally have some time off and I catch the flu. The multiband compressor is also something you can download in one of the weeks of the 52 reason record tips from James Bernard. The wobble bass as well, but I think it's added in 6 now, not totally sure.

About not sharing patches. Right now, I usually flip through presets and adjust them to get somewhere. Also a lot of patches are on the PH forum. Haven't been saving the stuff that I did customise. Usually customisation in my case turns into having so many different things working at the same time. Stuff that isn't saved easily in patch. It is saved in the rns files. I do have a very big refill folder as well. Paid and free.
If I do have something worth putting up here, I'll put it up here. For now, I like that you put up stuff here. Hope some more ppl will put up some nice patches.
On the sharing and giving back, I totally agree. Custom Reason patches is just not something that I can give back to the community right now. I got no custom patches that can be saved easily in a combinator or instrument.

On a side note, you have Reason 6 yet? Have you also checked out the 52 reason record tips and downloaded all those patches in there? Did you check the PH forum with patches posted in it? Did you check out the patch notes of known artists? There's some nice stuff in there as well. Ppl like Selig, Peff, James Bernard and a load more keep posting their patches and they get added in the factory sound bank as well.

There may be some multiband compressors or wobble basses but I program all my patches from scratch. The multiband compressor may be similar but my wobble basses are not, I'm sure. There are literally hundreds of ways to create a nice wobble bass. In the ones I made I used completely different synths. They are very different. My mastering patch is also very different from the ones I have seen.

I don't copy current patches. I build all my patches from scratch and use useful parameters for the combinator interface. I also spend time tweaking fx for the best sound I can come up with, using cool reverbs, chorus, stereo widening, ect.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Ill be able to post this weekend.

As far as loading errors, I simply followed the directions a guy did a tutorial on youtube. Its about 11-15min long. A long time ago though. I have all the nessacary files. Ill just post some synths and pianos or whatever for now. Like you doing. lol

But if you don't leave the file structure a certain way when you do the programming you will get a packing errors. Just saying. Also you will get loading errors sometimes even after it's packed. I've just spent a lot of time learning this and have had all the bad stuff happen. It took me a while before I could pack a perfect refill every time.

Last edited:
Back