ObiAudio

Well, I agree with you on that Obi, but people are switching from intensive reading, to hands on because it's easier to learn that way. One word of advice if you decide to go videos:

If you make videos, make sure the quality is in HD format, I can't tell you how annoyed I get trying to following a tutorial squinting trying to figure out exactly what's happening. Maybe make the videos downloadable so someone could watch it in Quicktime in a high res, like 1280 by 720 (eg) depening on your screen res. If it's on their desktop and easily acessible from program to video, switching back, it'll make it a whole lot easier. Just post a water mark somewhere on the video if you do this to mark them as yours. The res on youtube is nice, but even though it's 16:9 now, it's not really ideal for someone working a program. Windows Media Player or Quicktime is much more easier for a learning situation because of the screen size.

Okay I'll be sure to do it all HD then. I probably won't start with the videos right away I want to make sure the site and forums goes smoothly first. Then Ive been thinking about a show. Kinda like The Phillip Defranco show but geared towards music. IF you haven't seen his show look for it on youtube under SXEPhil. I think 2 or 3 episodes a week with that. And 2 articles a week would generate enough content by myself and I have another person that wants to write a weekly review on free plug ins to see what the best new ones are.

I was going to do this, but I can't be bothered lol..

Basically, run your blog like an online magazine, with articles, weekly interviews, producer spotlights, guest authors/contributors, videos, weekly podcasts, the samples/packs could be like the CD you get with your montly magazines. And so on and so forth.

The good thing about this is you will always have new content as long as you keep pushing forward, its not like a lot of sites that don't get updated on a regular basis, your readers know every week your going to have a new podcast or a producer spotlight and gust authors..

Problem is its gonna be like a second job.

YES. YES. YES. That is exactly what I am aiming for already. It really is like a second job too especially since I'm also doing all the back end. I think for now If I aim for 5 posts a week that should be a decent thing to start out with and then in time when it starts generating traffic I'll start putting up postings in the forum to hire people to write a series of articles and pay them per article kinda thing. The question also is how do I get started picking producers and artists to spotlight each week?

YES. YES. YES. That is exactly what I am aiming for already. It really is like a second job too especially since I'm also doing all the back end. I think for now If I aim for 5 posts a week that should be a decent thing to start out with and then in time when it starts generating traffic I'll start putting up postings in the forum to hire people to write a series of articles and pay them per article kinda thing. The question also is how do I get started picking producers and artists to spotlight each week?

Thats the easy bit really, you just pick based on talent and knowledge, the thing about producers/artists they love promotion, that's how you sell it, free promotion for them, as/if the site grows it will make it easier as people will come to you.

Obviously you ain't gonna get Timbaland on there right away but top soundclick producers, respected people on here like Deranged and Troup with experience within the industry are pretty easy to get in contact with, even dudes like Mike Dean are easy to network with through Twitter.

Good luck though man, its good you look at it like a second job.

Yeah buddy.

I was gonna tell you that's what you should do, but I kind of figured you weren't really trying to do something on that scale.

It's a great idea cause it's not like there's some flooded market out there of in depth tutorials and information period.

Everything I see just kind of skims over topics.

I think if you did everything right like have a somewhat professional look, consistent quality you could really make a killing.

I mean, nobody's doing that at all, it'd be just you.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

I think on youtube if you get enough subscribers they pay you.

I really don't see enough subscribers being an issue.

With piracy now EVERYBODY has a DAW.

Then you could always just have your videos point back to your site.

Maybe even do a little advertising too etc...

Yea I know who PhillipDeFranco is, I'm interesting interested in seeing how you would incorporate his style in the videos. Might actually work.

Yeah I'm pretty excited to implement it. I'm going to start with the articles and sample packs and start with the videos towards the end of the year or even January. I still have to learn how to edit video and got a friend that can teach me a few things.

hey make a video on how to copy choruses in cubase lol....
save on recording time you know...

Hey man, really like the idea of the site. Would it be possible for you to do a kinda beginners series that teaches the basics of putting a beat together in various DAWs?

Yeah for sure. Not so much in various daws but more so in the steps it takes to do it. When you know what you want its just learning what key combo or what menu to go to. I'll do my best to break it down as far down as I can but I couldn't do it in every daw. Even with just the big ones thats a lot of money, and a lot of time to do them over and over again. What would be cool is if people did it in their daws as video responses to mine on youtube with their daws.

Back