Newb here

NOTW

Just wanted to say God bless everyone here who contributes to this place. I think it is a godsend in many ways.

Well, I should say I've been lurking for a while now and have tried to soak in all things related to what I'm tryin' to do. I guess ultimately I am going to feel like a shit for asking certain questions because they may (or may not) be here somewhere, but I will try to stay focused when asking questions.

Basically music is the reason why I am alive. I was going to kill myself a year ago and a song I loved came on and I felt like maybe I could still make something of my life. So I am here and want to make music (you can laugh all you want) and I get a lot of melodies that tend to come to me just by humming stuff and I want to try to make the melodies that I can hear come to life.

If you've read all that, I wanted to ask what is the easiest way for me to make beats? I want to work with hardware and I've heard Ensoniq has some machines that have great sounding productions.

Let's say if I got an ASR or something, what else would I need to get to the final product? For example, I have an ASR, vinyls (record player of course) and some monitors, what else would I need so I could get some stuff on Soundclick so you all could give me feedback?

Welcome to Future Producers!

On a serious note, glad you didn't off yourself bro that is the coward's way out. "Suicide is a Permanent solution to a Temporary problem."

My advice is to use the Search funtion https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/search.php before making a thread, because it has probably been covered multiple times and it's a great way to see everybody's responses over the years.

I'm not a Sample Producer so I can't really answer your question about what exact gear you need. But your main decision will be whether you want to sequence/record your music with hardware or software. Both have their benefits, but if I were you I would check out Native Instrument's Maschine which is basically like an MPC linked to a dedicated software program.

Native Instruments MASCHINE 1.6 | Sweetwater.com

Maschine-xlarge.jpg

Back