New to production - Happy to share early work and take advice :)

Bala Kingston

Hi all,

My name is Bala, I've recently started making music and really enjoying it so far. It has been something I've wanted to do for a long time. I thought I'd post here to get some honest feedback and meet some like minding people!

So at the start of the year I finally found the patience to finish some sort of arrangement in Ableton, export a .wav and put a track on Soundcloud and Bandcamp. For me it was a huge step (Even though the track was rubbish haha).

I've been going into this rather blind and I'm still figuring how to do... everything pretty much. I am however happy to learn and keen for any advice you can give.

You can find a small selection below.

bala.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/bala-kingston

p.s. I apologise for any bad frequencies.

Bala

Last edited:
I listened to track Bala - 8:39. It has too long and quite boring intro. then it has got two overlapping instruments. Then comes kickdrums which have too high volume. So that are some things to work on.

Cheers, Emedee

Hi Bala,

If you are planning on making beats to sell, these need some work on the arrangement side to make it useful for an artist to write songs to it. As Emedee said your intros are boring and too long, they don't suck you in to make you want to listen to the beat. Wont go into the technical stuff but what i like is that you use alot of break beats. What you need to work on is your arrangement of the beat into a song. Then once you have mastered that work on getting the beat balanced in terms of volume levels.

In terms of the arrangement, find a couple songs you like, in terms of how the beat was arranged and how it sounds. Copy the exact arrangement style and match that to your beats. Do it for a few of your tracks using different methods from different songs. What this will do is give you a framework to work with and teach you how to arrange your beats using popular songs and songs you like.

Hope this was helpful. Keep making beats.

Hey welcome sir u enjoy your time and i advise u to always make ups of your music files dont be like a lot of and be prepared lol

Back