New to music production, just built my own set-up... Looking to learn all I can.

Heartmachine

Hello everyone, just signed up and looking to learn all I can about music production!

I've played drums for a good chunk of my life and have always wanted to do something music related... I've played and performed in bands, had rock-based projects in the past, but never had the means or ability to do things myself...

Well, lockdown happened this year, had a lot of time to think, and here I am... bought a new computer, some MIDI instruments... I already had a Yamaha electronic drum kit from a while back, so I figured why not build a home studio? I just finished a few days ago and have just been experimenting with the keys, trying to figure out some little riffs that sound good really...

I have little to no experience with piano/keyboards, very little knowledge of theory and how to apply it. I'm essentially starting from scratch. But after feeling inspired by a lot of my favorite electronic/electro-pop producers in recent years, this has become something that I really want to pursue.

Currently running the latest 16" Macbook Pro, with Logic Pro X... Hoping to be able to get acclimated here and share some creations soon.

Thanks for reading!

~ Heartmachine

Thanks! Hoping to make some progress in the coming weeks/months and stick with it for a long time.

Hi, i’m Jaykay. It has been very difficult since march 2020. But it was also an opportunity. I had a lot of time to think. Now i know i want to make music. That’s why i’m here. I’m new to making music too.
I think it could be a good thing to help each other while we learn and try to create a group/network. We would communicate often to help each other in order to make progress.
What do you say ?

Hi, i’m Jaykay. It has been very difficult since march 2020. But it was also an opportunity. I had a lot of time to think. Now i know i want to make music. That’s why i’m here. I’m new to making music too.
I think it could be a good thing to help each other while we learn and try to create a group/network. We would communicate often to help each other in order to make progress.
What do you say ?

I wouldn't be opposed to that! I'm trying to make this place a regular stop on the internet for me for now, so definitely keep me updated!

The number rule is There Are No Rules

With music creation there are no real rules. I’ve worked with hundreds of signed and unsigned artists over a 35 year span. Whenever just tinkering around with something you may actually be stumbling upon a great song. For example you could be on a keyboard playing Mary Had A Little Lamb and hit a wrong note or so and realize that little dittle you play played by accident is really catchy or inspires you to build upon it. You may end up making a song of it and then think to yourself that it is a fun for your ears only little tune. Well that little what you think is ear candy only to you may be the Best and Hottest Track in the world to several others. I’m working with singer/songwriter SirSpence, the brother of Capitol Records artist Tracie Spencer he made me aware of this. He told me on several occasions, “Never throw any of your ideas away bro. What you create that you may ultimately feel is straight up garbage may be that hit record that another artist may be looking for. “ Those words have rang true so many times that it’s hilarious in hindsight. I’m actually selling an Akai mobile production setup with an iPad included that’s the brain of the package. That Akai mobile setup comes in incredibly handy throughout ones house, when traveling, on work lunch breaks and anywhere else that inspiration can strike. If anyone is interested check out my listing and make an offer on REVERB.com. Look for Akai Portable Music Production Center.

Hello everyone, just signed up and looking to learn all I can about music production!

I've played drums for a good chunk of my life and have always wanted to do something music related... I've played and performed in bands, had rock-based projects in the past, but never had the means or ability to do things myself...

Well, lockdown happened this year, had a lot of time to think, and here I am... bought a new computer, some MIDI instruments... I already had a Yamaha electronic drum kit from a while back, so I figured why not build a home studio? I just finished a few days ago and have just been experimenting with the keys, trying to figure out some little riffs that sound good really...

I have little to no experience with piano/keyboards, very little knowledge of theory and how to apply it. I'm essentially starting from scratch. But after feeling inspired by a lot of my favorite electronic/electro-pop producers in recent years, this has become something that I really want to pursue.

Currently running the latest 16" Macbook Pro, with Logic Pro X... Hoping to be able to get acclimated here and share some creations soon.

Thanks for reading!

~ Heartmachine

Hi I am singer-songwriter and a rapper and I write songs for people using a popular website. If you need me you can check me out following this link:

Back