New To The forum

Marquis Watson

welcome all, I'm an upcoming musician, producer, and engineer from Jersey City, NJ. I go by the name Watts; I create music with pro tools 10, using a rme babyface for a sound card. I hear that logic is much more efficient musicians, does anyone has any knowledge to differentiate the two?

Hi and welcome. There ain't too much of a difference but there are some.
First and foremost Logic is more bang for your buck speaking of the number of instruments and loops you get in the plain version. Logic is also much cheaper than ProTools. Pro Tool is 677 Euro at the moment while Logic Pro X is 220USD or something around there.
Pro Tools really shines in handling audio files. But "comping" (recording several audio take versions on one track and then easily select from them) is easier in Logic IMO.
Pro tools has become an industry standard for many of the proffessional studios and many of the top notch pros.
Logic still stands its ground as a widely used tool for songwriters and producers.

If you are relatively new to producing and writing and want to use loops and software instruments and audio files I would go with Logic. If you have a Mac as it runs Mac only.
If your goal is to become a premium mix tech and on the way there try to get your foot into a recording studio as a coffee-guy, I would stay with protools as this is what you most likely will run into in a dedicated mixtech/recording studio.

Or; do a little of both.

Point is that the same can be done with them both, and in the end it does not matter much wich one you go with, it's how you use it.

Still, my vote goes for Logic.

Hopefully more people can chime in here.

Last edited:
Back