new to ableton

GlassCups

I recently got ableton live 8 because i wanted to try out other daws. me coming from fl studio. i was a bit confused, i was wondering if you guys have any tutorials or tips on starting out? i mostley sample songs so if theres anyone who has anything videos on how to sample can you post some links?

I'd also love for someone to direct me in the right direction. I just bought Ableton Live and some of the Youtube videos I'm finding aren't very helpful.

Could someone post many links for someone just starting out?

There are a lot of tutorials on the ableton website I would suggest you start there. Another place is youtube

Hey you did the same as I! I started off with Fruitly Loops on a PC(Yuck) and upgraded to a Mac(YAY!) and got Ableton Live Studio 8. Ableton has a slightly tougher learning curve than FL does I must admit. I would most definitely recommend watching all of the SONIC ACADEMY videos that are with Ableton because they run you from start to finish so you can see how the magic is made! And I'm pretty sure they have one for starting off with Ableton.

Thanks mate.

I've been watching the ASK Ableton Live Tutorial Video (part 1) and it's not that bad, but not that great either. I'll try the Sonic Academy too.

So far, I enjoy Ableton Live more than I do FL Studio. I used FL for about 2 years and it's just not for me anymore.

Last edited:
I've tried using Live and man I just can't get over the fact everythings so tiny and it hurts my eyes. FL all day for life!

Back