Needing some help`

jacktyme

Hi everyone, i'm a new forum member. I have been producing on and off since 2012. I am no where near professional yet but I am getting there.

I have a question. I'm trying to produce/copy an effect. I'm not sure what the name of the effect is called, maybe its called slurring or it has something to do with a pitchwheel.

The effect begins about 12 seconds in the track and is played throughout the track. I can hear a tape stop in it too. I suspect it requires multiple effects like gating, and tape stop etc.

Can someone(s) help me find out what effect VST does this type of effect. Would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if I can replicate this type of effect with my DAW (FL Studio 11). Because maybe its done with DJ equipment, which I do not have. Some names of VSTs that can help me do this would be good.

Thanks

EDIT: I can't post the link to the track because I'm a new member. But if anyone would take the time to check the track on youtube and help me that would be awesome.

The name of the track is: Ryan Hemsworth - Slurring (Baauer Remix)

If you're talking about the flute sounding instrument, it could be just that. A flute. Try using a flute sample or even a synth. Something like a pan flute preset, or a blown bottle synth preset and click on the glide feature. Mess around with portamento and monophonic modes and try different glide/slide time. Make sure the amplitude envelope has 0 release.

Good luck!

I was also wondering how the subtle flute was made. But no thats not what I meant. Its the main part, I have no idea what the type of effect is called. Its not a vocal its a synth with distortion added and it seems to be gated I think. I'm not sure. After you hear the vocal "She don't hear no words" around 0:12 it starts playing and it plays through the track.

Thanks for your response though.

don't copy. create something new. The only person who knows how that sound is made is Baauer. It's like the secret recipe of the krusty krab.

don't copy. create something new. The only person who knows how that sound is made is Baauer. It's like the secret recipe of the krusty krab.

I want to create something completely different from the sounds I hear on that track. But with the same "gating" effects. I'll stumble upon this one day.

Is it just me or was there no vocal that said she don't hear no words? :O I don't know what to say if you don't mean the main lead, which is that flute type sound then I'm at a loss as to what you mean.

Is it just me or was there no vocal that said she don't hear no words? :O I don't know what to say if you don't mean the main lead, which is that flute type sound then I'm at a loss as to what you mean.

I think we're just talking about the main line that goes "slurring on my words" - it's just repeating some words both before the line and after it.

Ah I think I see now. We're talking about that reversed part of that vocal going in and out a bit during the slurring on my words line? It sounds like he just sampled the reverb of the vocal and reversed it and what not

Last edited:
Ah I think I see now. We're talking about that reversed part of that vocal going in and out a bit during the slurring on my words line? It sounds like he just sampled the reverb of the vocal and reversed it and what not

Lol I thought it sound like she don't hear now words, but krushing clarified it for me, "slurring on my words".. I'm gonna try doing what you just said. I was googling and there is a VST called Glitch B*T*CH that can do effects like that in the track i'm talking about. Anyway thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Well, there are plenty of glitch effects that can do something similar, but that particular thing sounds more like a simple copy/paste job than anything else.

Back