in need of honest opinions on my beats...

1900hustla

ive been makin beats for about 6 months strong now..i think im ok at it and i do see the improvements in the way i put sounds together. can you guys jus take a listen to beats 13 and 14 and be honest and tell me wut u think. i have read were some people bash and discourage others. i am lookin for honesty not to be dissed.(we are not all on tha same level and were all newbies at one)..any input would be appreciated. feel free to check out my other beats and leave feedback on my improvement..thanks in advance

http://www.soundclick.com/ayesosaproductions

For six months into beat making you have some good stuff. I didn't really hear any bass lines, so you might want to get more prominent in that aspect of the beat. Keep it coming.

I listened to both tracks, not bad for 6 months. U jus need to get some better drums so, ur drums will have dat knock. Also, try addin a few more sounds to your tracks, to make your tracks sound more complete. Stay up and stay grindin

Last edited:
For 6 months that aint bad. But you still got a hell of a lot of work to do. Im no pro, but heres what I think.

Beat 13 - I didnt like your choice of sounds. I think they sounded kind of boring. The drum programming sounded too repetative. Did you put distortion on that snare??? I think it needs some adjusting. You should try throwing in a couple fills. Or add in more percussion. Those hihats werent cutting it for me. Maybe make that bass bump more.

Beat 14 - Again I didnt like your choice of sounds. They sound too much like they are from an old Nintendo game. I think you should work on your melodys. They are way too predictable. And you dont necissarily have to use only 1 instrument on the melody. Try layering some other instruments or adding other instrument parts. What are you using to make your beats??? The reason I ask is cause they all sound very similar. Try and switch it up a little.

Well thats my opinion. Dont worry though youll progress and get better. 6 months aint sh*t.

yea, dey decent for da length of time u been doin' it, but yea, u need sum better drums tho

Back