Need help from Iraq

5-O-Duece

Hello, Im new to the forum but I have always wanted to make beats. I plan on taking some of the money I made and build a studio. I Know I want an MPC2500 or 4000, but what else do I need. Also I would like to incorporate some of the eighties funk sounds (Kashif, The System and other old Unknown groups) into my work. I believe I need a good synthesizer for that but I am not sure. Also since I plan to make my music with hardware equipment is a computer really needed, and if so, what software. I know i could search for some of this info, but my internet time is limited to 20 minutes every few days. please help me out.

What's up man...the MP2500 or 4000 are both great options. I do also suggest you get a PC and possibly either Pro Tools or Cubase for tracking out your beats and mixing them down. It also helps when you want to send your projects to other studios. For a synth, I suggest you either get a Yamaha Motif or a Roland Fantom X. They both are loaded with a boat load of very original sounds and can get you started quickly. But i highly suggest a computer with either Pro Tools or Cubase, if you go with Pro Tools you can get a audio card through M-audio and get Pro Tools le/ M-powered.

Good Luck.

WTF is your problem man?

Did you consider the fact that the dude has some downtime and maybe music helps him get the **** out there out of his head and serves as a respite?

We are a music forum, not a political one, so either help the dude or STFU.

Duke cant take his time off to think about what he's going to buy when he gets home?

To incorporate those 80's sounds you could always sample with the mpc. A computer is'nt REALLY needed. But it sure helps alot imo.

yeah you are probably right, but im just really mad about the events that happened these days that I am starting to beleive that the soldiers arent doing theyre jobs and there is something wrong, i am sorry I am being rude but anyways you cant buy all that stuff in iraq there is none :p

I hear you Ram.

I don't agree with anything that is happening in the ME as I was born in Iran, but I try to keep my political views seperate from musical advice.

Ramouchka said:
yeah you are probably right, but im just really mad about the events that happened these days that I am starting to beleive that the soldiers arent doing theyre jobs and there is something wrong, i am sorry I am being rude but anyways you cant buy all that stuff in iraq there is none :p

Then get off your ass and fight if you think they aint doing there job.

You need to stop talking **** .. he might not even be a soldier.

noblewordz said:
Then get off your ass and fight if you think they aint doing there job.

You need to stop talking **** .. he might not even be a soldier.

yo man you dont know me, i was born in syria and went to lebanon, I lived the fukin war there and i know how it is, very hard yes...

i am not blaming the guy who started this thread its not the soldiers fault and he has the right to think about anything he wants and i feel sorry for him and the dangers he has to endure all day long are very important. I apologized and I adress this to the stupid goverment that runs this sh*t : but fruity loops and shove it up your arse :p

sorry for the misunderstanding, when you are mad what else can you do except for bad stuff? :(

sorry for my bad english

i dont know, i just dont like it :P. you cant shove reason up yours because it deserves respect, but fruity loops? damn just read the name, it tells everything!! what does anything have to do with fruits (also known as gays ) in this program? oh yeah everything!!

nah just joking, it is ok to use anything

but remember, just keep fit and have fun

If you're new to this, I would suggest you start by reading Tweak's Guide. It will point you in the right direction.

As far as what I would suggest, I think you would probably need a MIDI keyboard, audio interface, and some software. I would suggest getting the Alesis PhotonX 25.

It's a MIDI controller keyboard, and it has a built in audio interface. It also comes with a free copy of Cubase LE to get you started. The whole package only costs $200 brand new. You could learn on that version, and even make some hits with it, and once you get the hang of it you can upgrade to a better version of Cubase. You can see what the differences between the version are here. They're all really good with MIDI, and also really good with audio. You could run software plugins/instruments with it, and if you ever get any hardware, it works really well with that too. You can also record vocals with it, and mix, master, etc. Here's a screenshot (and link to their website if you click it):

And some good software to run with Cubase would be Native Instruments Komplete 3. It's expensive though, so some other good options would be:

Native Instruments Kontakt

And Native Instruments Battery.

Another really good program that works well with Cubase is IK Multimedia Sampletank

Here's some videos of them too, so you can see how they work:

Video of Cubase.
Video of Kontakt.
Video of Battery.
Video of full beat being made using an old version of Cubase, Sampletank, and SR-202 (a free program similar to Battery but not as good).

Last edited:
Back