Need help getting my setup in sync

Yung D

Sup FP!

I finally decided to come here with my setup problemo. I've had my whole setup working but I'm tired of it being rigged and me having to change wires when I wanna change some of my hardware... So first off ima list my equipment I'm using, then list how I want to use it, and then comes the part where I'd appreciate the help greatly

FantomX6, Motif ES6, EMU MoPhatt, Stanton T.50 Turntable running thru a sony home entertainment system thing lol, Maudio 192 soundcard, my pc, maudio bx5s, samson Resolv 120a sub,and a yamaha mg 10/2 mixer...I've got some other stuff but I'm not going to include them in my setup

Ight this is how I would prefer to use my setup... I would like to control my fantom, motif, and mophat in FL6 thru midi, which I normally go to midi out and choose the channels...but what happens is I get those ghost midi notes and it jus goes crazy (I notice this a lot with the motif es) I'd also like my fantom or motif be send midi into FL as a midi controller... Ight now after I record my midi in FL I record each track/instrument individually and then place the wav file down at the bottom of the FL playlist and sequence the wavs... A problem of mine is recording the synths into my pc because I had my synths and my pc outs goin into my mixer channels,and then I had a mixer out goin back into my pc in...so it was kinda recording itself record..if that makes any sense and it didn't sound right

That's basically all I can think of, if your not sure about what inputs and outputs any of my equipment has I wouldn't mind telling you, or u could google it or somethin and find pics of it (that'd prolly be better)

Thanks again!

D

Leave FL Studio along and synch your keyboards into Cubase SX3 its good program and get you a couple of plugins like sampletank 2XL and let FL Studio Go.but this is how u going to plug everything up first thing first i suggest u get is a midi interface go here http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MIDISPORT4x4-main.html after u get that.you use your midi to plug into your midi out of your keyboard into the midi in of your midi interface(do that for both keyboards)then take your audio cable and plug up to your keyboard and to your mixer.and then after that go configure everything in cubase and you should be straight

oh yeah u aint really gotta plug your audio to your mixer just plug it up to your M-Audio 192 soundcard.and you should be straight.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, but I can't put my audio cables directly into my soundcard, maybe u didn't relize but I have a lot of equipment needing inputs and my soundcard only has one

And as far as cubase is concerned, I have it, its not a bad program at all but iam more comfortable with FL, if it aint broke don't fix it ya know

Good lookin out tho bruh

yeah you shouldn't loop the output and input like that

what I do is just record each keyboard by itself, have fl just play it's midi, record that keyboard, then just put the wav into fl, then do that with all your keyboards

Ya but isn't that a pain in the ass having to go behind my desk and switch the cables everytime I wanna get one sound from the fantom and another sound from the motif, mophatt, turntable, etc? That's what I've been doing and it really slows down my creative process bescause I have to keep stopping to change the cables, that's why I was asking because I know their has to be a better way

Local control on both keyboards set to off. This will mean that the keys will not trigger the sounds on the keyboards any longer.

The Fantom X6 has ugly keys, I don't know about the Motif ES6. I don't see how the ES6 could have worse keys but they could be the same. It'd be good to just use one of these as a midi controller. Unless you need the keys and features on both workstations it might be good to go for the rack versions of the keyboards.

I'd just use the ES6 as a midi controller and run the midi output to the computer midi interface. Then the midi interface outputs to the ES6 input and the FantomX input. You don't need to set "local control" to off on the Fantom X if its midi output is not going anywhere. I'm using the FantomX only as a sound module in this scenario and the ES6 is a midi controller and sound module.

So ES6 midi out to computer midi in. Computer midi out to FantomX and another to ES6. Same with the Mophatt.

As for the audio routing. Don't use the master outs to go to the computer, use the sends.

If you have the Motif on channels 1+2 and the Fantom to channels 3+4 in the mixer it's simple. If you want to record the Motif to the computer, turn the send levels on those channels up and turn all the others down. You might get too hot a signal if you turn the levels up too loud but a send allows you good control on how much of that signal you want to send, which is good.

Back