Need help choosing a creative producer name

Carnivore

When I started producing, about 6 months ago, I chose the name Carnivore. It's terrible. Help me start from scratch with a new name.

Instead of asking someone to come up with a name for you, ask yourself what kind of identity you want to have as a producer? What name would you personally relate to? What name sounds good to you?

Give us some options and we'll help you pick the best one.

Just use something that relates to you, you'll end up changing it again if you let someone else randomly pick your stage name.

This..but then again he may not be able to come up with one on his own considering his first was Carnivore haha. Joking.

but either way, its not very creative if you let someone else pick it for you.

Lol, that's foul. We'd all be lying if we said we never came up with bad stage names. My rap name at 11 was Casper, followed by Boi Virgo at 15, so I can't get at him about Carnivore no matter how many jokes I can come up with about it.

We all have a fair share of embarrassing names we've come up with, what were yours?

Ive been brainstorming for over a year and still have NOTHING that I am solid with. I probably have 50+ different names typed on my phone right now that were ideas at the time but I ended up looking back at and hating. I tend to like abstract names (Datsik, Diplo, Avicii, Tyzen, Tydi etc..) that aren't really words by themselves, but once they are branded build their own identity. Thats the common denominator I want to stick to when trying to figure out which name I am going to use. Yumid actually came from the old online MEME 'You mad?' I was laying in bed one night randomly brainstorming a bunch of random things and was coming up with nothing. So I was getting a little frustrated/mad. And it reminded me of back when i was like 15 sitting on online forums throwing out the "You mad?" all the time, said it a few times in my head, ended up transforming into 'Yumid' somehow. And now thats where I am right now. But that will change I am sure, I have lots of time to think about it. I made my account names and stuff as Yumid just to see if it would stick with me, hasn't yet, but I'm not sick of it either. Kinda sounds like the first name of some arabian dude which I don't like haha.
I don't want it to be a name or a word I want it to be abstract. The first thing I do when i get an idea is google it to see if the word has ever been used before. The easiest thing about using abstract names in regard to getting feedback is people don't need to know what it means, because most people don't. They just hear it, then its a simple do you like it or not?

Last edited:
That's funny because I thought you actually might be Arab. .

You literally just confirmed the only reason Ive been able to find over the last couple months not to like this name haha. I was hoping other people didnt notice and it was just me over thinking it. But yah it definitely sounds like an arab first name. Didnt really clue into that until a couple weeks after I made my forum accounts.

I tend to think of the abstract name first, then make up/think of reasons how I can make it personal to myself. Haha, kind of a weird approach at doing it, but as long as I can convince myself it has some personal meaning it doesn't really matter to me past that if its a good abstract name.

Last edited:
BTW to OP.

How about Karnivore...I don't know why..but for some reason adding the K instead makes it more appealing to me..cliche as hell though. I still wouldn't use it haha.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe not. I was thinking of using my real name, but I'm irish.. so my last name is Doherty,... Daniel Doherty..

Yeah it's pretty bad.

I tried to think of producer names a lot when I was starting out. I realized that your core fans will think your corny if you choose some over the top name that has no specific significance to you. Thus my name became what some of my friends have been calling me forever, Dandeezy.

I just use my name lol. Its Clay but I make it Cl4y because its how I had it in my gamertag...

I was just having fun, Sikick is fine, but I'd assume someone out there has that name, not that exact spelling but the pronunciation.

You could abbreviate your name and use DanDoh, Daniel Doh, DDoh, Doh!, DohBoy, Doh Da KegPusha, Dan DoHer.

Oo I like Dan Doher as a name sub. Id be going with Dan Doher. If i had the option to use a variation of my real name I would. Mine is un-polishable though, its too bad haha.

I was thinking about making a thread where people can just bounce name ideas off people, nothing too serious just a spot to bounce rough ideas around. Just if you have an idea throw it up in the thread and people comment on it. The name ideas wouldn't have to be set in stone when you're asking, more of a brainstorming thread. Haven't made it yet though because If I did, I would need a bunch of name ideas to get the thread rolling which i don't have right now.

And also because I don't wanna give out all my name ideas with the amount of leeches on this site haha.

U can iny meny miny mo some alphabets.....
Then look it up in the dictionary ( a...s)
-astro
-astronaut
-astonish
Then thesaurus it....
astonish-stupefy staggerman

Can do this forever... guarantee u find somthing.....

Dan Doher sounds amazing lol really. i've got the same problem. i'm considering Crix, Criv or something like that because i want something that starts with 'k' or 'c' cuz of my first name. can u guys help me? :D i don't want to start new topic

I like Yumid Carn. It sounds like it could be your real name so your real identity is still protected.
And YC BEatz can the dumb name you run around with for social media.

And close friends can call you "Y".

i helped my girl cousin come up with one i called feminem lol but for you i would agree with carnivore as someone suggested but with a k - karnivore - dont know if it is taken though

I like Yumid Carn. It sounds like it could be your real name so your real identity is still protected.
And YC BEatz can the dumb name you run around with for social media.

And close friends can call you "Y".
Why the hell are you trying to give him my name. lol

Back