Necessity of hearing own voice

YDvoych

I decided to go with AT2020. However, there are a couple of versions.
My questions are, if I am recording rap vovals:

• If I am wearing closed headphones (to hear the beat, and so that it does not echo in the mic), do I need to hear my own voice played live in the headphones (I guess I will not hear my voice naturally in closed headphones opposed to freestyling without headphones, could this create a problem)?
  • If I need to hear my voice - If talking USB-mics, AT2020USB doesn't have a built-in headphones jack so my live voice will be delayed (I read it will be software processed through separate headphones output); the question is should I go with AT2020USB+ which has a headphones jack? Or it's no use in rapping (maybe my live voice will come with beat from software) - this is my confusion, will I make any use of that jack?
(PS While at it, should I just get AT2020 (which has headphones jack), or AT2020USBi (no headphones jack) for the sake of 24bit versus 16bit (given I am at home, not at studio, and will be happy with decent quality)? (Need to understand the usefulness of built-in headphones jack if to buy USBi)?
Thank you and have a nice day. Hope you enjoy complexity of question

Also many audio interfaces have a direct monitoring option that enables you to, well, monitor w/o going through the software and inducing delay.

Back